KI Music Appreciation

I was just listening to Herald of Gargos while finishing my homework and I was reminded of how awesome this game’s soundtrack really is. So much complexity, variety and catchiness and it all works so well. Thanks so much to Mick Gordon for these amazing works that will never get old.

DISCLAIMER: I’m really enjoying what Atlas Plug and Celdweller are doing so far.

4 Likes

I totally agree…if you like that kind of stuff check out my band Fall of Serpaphs! Id also say that Im not really enjoying the new tunes as much as Micks… their guitar style just isnt my style.

Best original music in a video game ever IMO. I can’t think of a single game out now or that has been released in the past 16 years that is even coming somewhat close to this KI’s OST. Not one.

My favorites are Sabrewulf, Hisako, Glacius, and ARIA’s (When you can hear the remixed classic KI theme) but every single one is really good.

My top 3 favorite themes are omen/shago at #1 with thunders second and cinders theme third. They all sound badass but Herald of Gargos takes the cake.

Top themes for me are Glacius, Cinder, Omen and Maya. TJ’s and Orchid’s are really close too.

In fact, the only tracks I’m pretty “meh” on are Sabrewulf, Sadira and Riptor.

My favorites are Aria’s, Maya’s, and Spinal’s.

Its been a while since an entire game’s soundtrack has been in on my playlist for this long, the music just sounds extraordinary. That’s speaking as a fan of the game, I’ve had people listen to Hisako’s theme and Fulgore’s theme etc who don’t play KI and its forgettable to them, so somewhere the fondness for the game rubs off on the music too.
Loving the new guys, I will listen to the entire soundtrack before a proper opinion can be formed but so far they’ve impressed.
Favorite themes have to be TJ, Cinder, Shago, Orchid and Aganos. I’ve only just started skipping Riptor’s track because there’s only so much that one helps while travelling, still good during a match though.

It does have a really great OST :smiley:

So far my favorites are:

Warlord (Spinal), Sandstorm (Kan-Ra) and maybe Aganos’ (Polemos)…Debatable…

I’m loving rash’s, tusk’s and kim wu’s themes a lot too :smiley:

I hope we get a BGM selector in Season 3, so I could choose the songs that play in-game/while fighting Ala Soul calibur style (it was also make sense if were only getting 3 stages)

It’s hard for me to pick a favorite track; probably would be easier to just say the one I like the least is Riptor’s, and that’s not even a matter of not liking it, but I can’t even mentally recall how it sounds except for the end-of-match riff.

I listen to both Seasons’ full soundtracks often both at home and at work, and I’m excited for all the new tracks from Season 3. Tusk’s, in particular, is looking amazing so far, but I really like both Kim’s and Rash’s. I haven’t listened to Arbiter’s much, but I know Halo and its music enough to know I am bound to like his as well.

W[quote=“Blade4693, post:3, topic:6131”]
Best original music in a video game ever IMO. I can’t think of a single game out now or that has been released in the past 16 years that is even coming somewhat close to this KI’s OST. Not one.
[/quote]

Agreed with your first point. That said, Skyrim had a great soundtrack aswell and their main theme was the first theme since ye olden days of zelda/mario that I felt it had such an amazing effect on the game, from the moment that song was playing on the first trailer I had goosebumps.

As for favorite KI songs, they belong to:
TJ
Aganos
Cinder
Hisako
Thunder
Spinal
And the main theme!

Looking forward to Tusk a lot too :grin:

Ps: forgot the herald of gargos song

1 Like

My thoughts exactly and I totally concur too :smile: :grin: