KI makes it extremly difficult for me to like it

Since Riptor was released I wanted to play KI, now I can finally play it but:

• I can’t buy the Supreme Edition (because I live in Germany)
  • There is no 21:9 support (so I have black bars on the side)
  • I don’t like the shadow and lightning changes (which nobody asked for and makes the game look worse for the most part in my opinion)
  • I can’t record the game properly (because it isn’t a real fullscreen Nvidia Shadow Play records the black bars as well)
  • I can’t livestream it properly (because I can’t capture KI itself and have to capture the whole screen with OBS which makes my whole computer laggy and KI unplayable)

These are serious problems for me which needs to be fixed.

Not surprising at all to see the game doesn’t have full 21:9 support.

SFV and MKX for example both have black bars as well if you do 21:9. Normal for fighting games.

Not much use for it in fighting games where you don’t have FOV like in 1st and 3rd person games, and no isometric or topdown view either.

I know, before Season 3 released I already knew that KI will not support 21:9 but in other games you can use other programms to force the game into 21:9 (like MKX with Flawless Widescreen).
But KI isn’t a normal game, it’s this strange windows app which doesn’t function like all the other games.
You can’t use other programms to force it, it has to be supported from the developer itself (IG in this case).

I think 21:9 would be really cool in KI, you see more of the beautiful stages and you would see Riptor fully since her tail is always sticking out of the screen.

You really can’t use OBS? I use OBS all the time and play. What are your specs?

Not being able to window capture KI via OBS is a big pain, for sure. Monitor capture works, but demands a lot more out of your machine, so it makes capturing inaccessible to some who would otherwise be able to do it.

Hoping that UWP apps fix this soon (or that OBS adds support for UWP, which I think is possible).

The camera is very specific in fighting games… being able to see 21:9 resolution of the stage (without distorting the screen) would break how fighting games work.

1 Like

That’s exacly the problem !

I have to disagree with you, I play MKX in 21:9 without any problem. You can’t go out of the 16:9 but I have no problem with it because you know where 16:9 end because the HUD ends there.

Gigabyte GTX 970
AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core Processor
8GB Ram
2560x1080 60Hz
Windows 10

Does it strech the screen when you play MKX or does it just expand so that you see more of the arena?

It does expand so I can see more of the background.
It’s great ingame but because of some camera angles in intros and outros you can see out of the stage, but nothing game breaking.

Hmm, I use OBS to record and stream and I don’t have any problems. But then again I have an i7-4770K. I would think that your AMD CPU is comparable.

My specs:

R9 280x
8 GB Ram
i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

I don’t have any problem with OBS exept when capturing the whole screen.

FX-4100 is quiet old, that might be the bottleneck.

Yea I’m planning to buy a AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core

I actually recently got a FX-6300 six-core and its overclocked to 4.1ghz. It runs like a beast, was able to run The Division at full ultra at 1080p 60fps. It also ran really cool… also it was 89.99 USD… so theres that.

Why is Supreme not available in Germany?

Because of KI 1 and 2