Kan-Ra S3 general discussion

You can delay the cr.LP to make it work too. They have to be as close to the ground as possible. The only time where cr.LP xx clutch doesn’t seem to work is in the corner.

Pro tip: Do not practice your flipouts vs another Kan-Ra in training mode. He is still floaty although they said they unified the flipout. It’s a secret buff and it won me a ton of matches

Yeah, fall height is definitely still not consistent across the entire cast. Kan and Omen in particular still kind of float to the ground.

@STORM179 I agree and ggs last night was an interesting set. And to wait 40 seconds before you came in for the last 3 seconds the second match

Lol. That match was hilarious man. After like 10 seconds I was like “are we doing this?” And then I was just like “we’re doing this!” and waited until the end :joy:

Great matches man :smile:

1 Like

Participated in a 32 player online tournament hosted from the UK yesterday. Was in top 8 winners when I was send to losers by @CVERIMZ great Glacius. Played my first match in losers when like 10 seconds in I got bodied by my xbox which decided to update. :frowning:

2 Likes

Keits balance Xbox for us all. Too op. But seriously top 8 is awesome man. Congrats.

1 Like

Patch notes

-Medium and Heavy Clutch have expanded range and are active for 1 frame longer. (This is to help deal with characters who can get up very high, mainly Gargos.)

-Shadow Swarm, when performed from neutral, now lasts for 9 seconds (up from 6). The duration of the ender versions is unchanged. (While powerful, this move has seen a massive drop in use due to the increased startup time and awesome power of the Shadow Spike for the same meter spent. This change will hopefully see players spending meter on Shadow Swarm once in a while.)

-Shadow Sand Pit can no longer build meter back for Kan-Ra (As a general guideline, Shadow moves should not build meter back. This puts the move in line philosophically with that idea.)

-Fixed a bug allowing players to juggle into Shadow Whirl after holding back during Clutch (Kan-Ra was never intended to get grounded combos off of Clutch without recapturing using Antlion. We fixed most of these cases a long while ago, but this one remained until now.)

My thoughts:
Wow, I am disappointed they didn’t fix any of his bazillion bugs. AA clutch got buffed, but not the way it needed to be. Shadow swarm got buffed but also not the way it needed. It is still a waste of meter besides vs Sadira. Shadow trap got nerfed, but I saw that coming and I don’t even understand the Shadow whirl fix. How on earth was it possible to link a shadow whirl after clutch??? Can we still do clutch, spike xx shadow whirl??? what are they talking about?
All in all that patch didn’t help Ra directly… didn’t study the other character’s changes yet

EDIT:
Sadira is going to be a nightmare.
Raam isn’t free anymore.
Jago’s stupid shadow wind kick is now throwable. He got nerfed. Finaly
Gargos and Eyedol got nerfed too.
Fulgore still is ridiculous.
Cinder now can OTG? WTF
a lot of other stuff.

All in all I think we are fine. Gotta work a lil harder on our good match ups. Gotta work a lil less on our bad ones (besides fulgore). Still unsure about a lot of things. Still disappointed because no real Ra changes.

EDIT: Okay, AA clutch hitbox looks HUGE now. It’s more than half screen for medium zoomed out and comes close to reaching the top edge on my tv screen for hard. This is gonna help a lot.

I return with more serious sets feating gamerLCD’ Orchid subscribe and share.
5 Likes

https://youtu.be/kHdPrRRDes8

Serious set with one of my favorite glacius players Sickle check it out!!

1 Like

Great sets, your KanRa is still great but I’ve always wondered why do you still go for quick level 1 combos so often? With the changes in season 3 it doesn’t seem like he gets enough setup to tradeoff from such low damage

Guess breaking is the reason I do early combos… don’t want to get broken and put back on the defense

1 Like

People will still guess break that one chance. Statistically, longer combos are more advantageous against guess breaking in the long run. You are probably right though and I have no idea what I am talking about XD

1 Like

I definitely understand that. Is there a reason you don’t go for more command grab setups? Is it just risk/reward or is there something more to it.

Early enders are the opposite of how you deal with guess breaking, though. And getting broken doesn’t put you on defense, it puts you back to neutral.

2 Likes

You are right but it’s a different thing vs Glacius because he can do mixups after breaking combos

He can? what mixups?

1. Cold shoulder off of the breaker.
  2. Shatter
  3. Hail
  4. (If in instinct) Homing puddle punch.
    If you have to block the cold shoulder, and he knows you can predict it, he can shatter or hail. If he shatters and you decided to block, you better be fast enough to jump boiii. If he hails, idk how i react but i do. And if he uses homing puddle punch you have to see which side it will hit on.

Why do you feel the need to say that? You are a great player yourself. Have confidence in what you feel.

1 Like

Depends where he’s broken in regards to the position on the stage and what character he and his opponent has. Glacius is at optimal range after most combo breakers. Although everything I agree

Lel. I didn’t win Evo so idk.

1 Like