Kan-Ra S3 general discussion

I am not sure I fully understand you.

Might be a frame data or hitbox issue. So either your opponent is not yet in the air or the clutch hitbox just misses. Try it in the training room and turn on your hitboxes

So Kan-Raā€™s anti air grabs come out too fast to catch from a regular normal directly cancelled into clutch. If youā€™ve got your opponent to respect the fact that you can do flipout clutch and they start jumping you have to delay your anti air clutch to snatch them out of the air. Iā€™m not sure how good my timing is since I recorded a Kan-Ra to essentially do sHK delayed HP Clutch. I think thatā€™s the plan to do it if someone respects the jump and then that becomes his clutch mix up.

Itā€™s something that had been bothering me for the longest and I never thought to use the hitboxes. Never had the ability to use such a thing until KI so wasnā€™t sure how they worked. Thanks

you can also do cr.LP xx l.swarm to stop them from jumping away. So if they decide to jump away after a flipout to escape the clutch they get hit by the swarm

@LeoFerreis I just thought about recapturing after spike ender or raw spike. You do it with a light manual xx whirl. I am not sure about lock out timings but I think you can get a lot of timing lockouts if you mix up early St.LP xx whirl and late cr.LK xx whirl.

If I do l swarm usually it just ends in some sort of knock down that I canā€™t get much off of it. Nevermind, I figured out that I can recap with M or H whirl but itā€™s a weird input.

than you are doing it wrong. You gotta delay the cr.LP a bit. If you do it to early and your opponent jumps he will get hit while being in the air.

I also found something strange. If you are doing it right, they canā€™t even back dash. Itā€™s impossible. They are forced to block the swarm.

Whatā€™s it look like with the delay? Iā€™m assuming if itā€™s delayed properly Iā€™ll catch them on the ground and then get to do a combo.

With the way Iā€™ve been doing it and I catch them in the air I get a free recap from any sort of whirl. Itā€™s just a weird input because you have to delay it a bit so that you donā€™t shot them out of the attack but also press the butt quick enough so that you donā€™t accidentally start a sand tornado.

Yes, the swarm is an opener if done right.

And thatā€™s only if they donā€™t block it. Iā€™ll have to work on that because I really do like using flip out off the spike ender to keep things going.

Yes itā€™s a mixup. If they are blocking the swarm use the clutch next time. At least the swarm is safe vs most stuff if they guessed right not to jump and block.

Pre-jump frames are throw invincible. Thatā€™s why you can escape throws right after landing from a flipout.

1 Like

Anyone here think a one chance break combo with Kan ra that costs one shadow bar is worth the cost? Its does around 30% depending on what you choose as your one chance move.

Also does anyone else drop combos on purpose to reset with clutch or am I the ony that thinks the risk is worth?

If the combo kills itā€™s worth it.

In all other cases it depends. What damage would you sacrifice if you safe the bar?
I very rarely spend meter on damage. Every meter ā€œwastedā€ on damage is one shadow trap or shadow counter less. But this is just me.

Dropping combos on purpose to reset is something I wanna add to my game. Although Ra has some nice enders that set up/reset anyways

1 Like

30% for a one chance at the cost of a bar is pretty good. There may be times when you prefer to keep the bar Iā€™d imagine, but 30% for a nigh unbreakable is pretty good in most cases.

And combo drops into grabs, command or not, are petty common in KI. Kanā€™s combo damage isnā€™t particularly high and he gets good options off of clutch, so Iā€™d say itā€™s a pretty good tool to have in your box.

1 Like

see, different opinions on that.

@STORM179
IMO and I wanna stress the IMO part, spending meter on damage is rarely worth it for Ra. Itā€™s not like comparing 1 bar 30% damage vs 0 bar 0% damage. Itā€™s more like sacrificing a couple of %s and saving the meter for the best move in the game or one of the best shadow counters vs dealing some more damage.
It was different in S2 when shadow clutch hit like a truck.

@xKappaMan
Could you please tell us what the combo is you are talking about and how big the difference is between spending meter or saving it is?

1 Like

Completely fair point. There are plenty of times when the utility of the bar (or even just a HKD) outweighs the extra damage you might get. Some of it will just come down to preference on what you value more at the time.

1 Like

iā€™ll get a video up in just a moment, but the difference in damage is really almost non existent compared to a combo where the 1 chance to break was a heavy auto double. The reason I mainly do this (and rarely at that) is because the one chance to break I usually use is his b.HP which staggers and allows me to land a clutch mid combo, which in turn allows me to finish the combo, reset or even gain the meter back for future use.

Ok. While youā€™re probably not going to be tossing heavy ADā€™s into your one-chance (if youā€™re going to gamble with a heavy AD, may as well commit and continue for more damage), if the damage is not much higher than what you can do without meter, then saving the meter is probably better unless itā€™s going to kill. Kan has some pretty good uses of a bar of shadow outside of combos.

Note:Please read description

So let me rephrase my original question, in this specific situation, is that shadow bar worth the potential i get afterwards?

Also recently discovered that this in fact is not a 1 chance break, but I believe itā€™s due to a bug. If you combo into the scarab from your ender like shown in the video, and use another shadow scarab while the opponent is getting hit by it, even though he is not getting hit by the new scarab the one heā€™s already getting hit by becomes breakable. I do not know if this is intended but if it is then this entire shenanigan is not worth it.

1 Like

This sounds like a bug. Didnā€™t test that scenario you described yet.

Right now I toy around with Raā€™s buttons in certain situations.
cr.MP is just godlike after a swarm ender. It beats both ways to escape the clutch. The first hit beats jumps and the second hit back dashes. Furthermore it pulls your opponent directly under the swarm. I train myself to hit confirm it. If it gets blocked I cancel into clutch. On hit I cancel into swarm or spike.
Too bad cr.MP is a low move that does not hit low. Damn you Jago and your stupid wind kickā€¦

1 Like

I remember when I found out that wasnā€™t a low. I was the most baffled Iā€™ve ever been with KI

1 Like