Japanese KI scene: talking KI with Ogty. UPDATE: offline Kombo Klash Japan footage added

@STORM179 @Quancro @EbullientSeaCow
@ItzTymeToDul
Top 8 will be streamed. Earlier matches will be selected by TO whether they will be streamed.

Initial bracket (subject to change):
http://challonge.com/kkj2017

Channel

Starts 2pm Japan standard time.

Unfortunately no Gemako (Aganos) :frowning:

4 Likes

No Tonosoma :pensive:

Thanks tried to stay up to watch, but had to call it quits when 3:30am rolled around. Will check the archives after, though nothing has been posted to the UltraArcade Twitch as yet. Hope you had fun in the tournament though!

No Gemako and no Tonosama is sad :frowning:

3 Likes

That would be AMAZING. Love that idea!

1 Like

So that would be tonight at 2 am here. Iā€™ll see if I can watch it a bit at least. I hope you have a good tounrey! =D

It hasnā€™t started yet :smile:

From what Iā€™ve seen, Osomatsuā€™s Kilgore is a bloody inspiration. Iā€™ll never end this character crisis. Should just stick w/ what I knowā€¦ but learning is fun!

Does he still play Omen?

Thereā€™s a meme out there for this Iā€™m sureā€¦ :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I know. Itā€™s sad. Gemako got sick earlier this week.

Donā€™t know about Tonosama but likely that he canā€™t get off from workā€¦ Iā€™ll ask him.

2 Likes

Osomatsu / Omen v Bass/ Spinal is a real war. Awesome stuff. Bass had to switch to Cinder.
(Loser has to fight me. Lucky me.)

2 Likes

Osomatsu and Bass also ended up in Grand finals. Must see. (Losers final, Osomatsu v Return) was/ is a must see as well)

2 Likes

What happened? I went to sleep at 4 am, I just couldnā€™t stay awake anymore , the day before I didnā€™t sleep much :sob:
And I canā€™t see the videos at Ultra Arcade

Results here - http://challonge.com/kkj2017

1 Like

Just saw them because I left the challonge open last night. I now would like to see those matches. I enjoyed watching new players (well, different from the ones I use to watch, just for a little change XD ) and I liked how much characters variety was in the tourney (for instance I saw Cinder, Killgore, TJ,Sadira, Fulgore, Wulf :heart: , Mira, Spinal, Gargosā€¦)

yes the character variety was phenomenal. Plus everyone played super well. I hope Domi and a few of them show up for the world cup. Cause manā€¦ they got some sick tech.

2 Likes

@BoJima404
the kombo clash japan was amazing
love Domi G Raam and kilgore, ogty Hisako, osomatsu Omen and Gargos, impresive,
disappointed, no tonosama because i love his riptor and the secret weapon Gemako aganos but i know he was sick and is ok, buy i hope he feels better and I really want to see him in action

1 Like

@EbullientSeaCow @Quancro @MaruMDQ
Thanks for watching. The Japanese players all came prepared. Also, I was the only casual player, lol. Unfortunately, Tonosama and Gemako werenā€™t there. Still very high quality.

Ret Kim Wu v Osomatsu Omen/Gargos has got to be my favorite match. Ret was devastated that he lost and cried because he had put so much hard work into training. He thought that he lost his chance for KI World Cup qualification but he made it with his 3rd place finish.

8 Likes

do you know who of them wil be going to the KIcup this year ?

1 Like

I have been through such similar feeling in a local tourney that meant quite much too me so I understand him. Hope heā€™ll be feeling better soon.

3 Likes