Jago's Advantage After a Combo Break

You’re supposed to be fully invulnerable until you land after a breaker, which is even stronger than just projectile invulnerable. You’re in a flipout state.

Jago clearly cannot shadow wind kick after breaking and hit you before you can block. If you get hit, it’s because you flinched during the shadow freeze or you tried to jump or something that isn’t blocking. It’s really easy to test in training if my description or Ziarist’s data doesn’t convince you. Just set dummy Jago to do opener -> heavy auto-double, then hold down-back for like 4 or 5 seconds. You have to make sure it’s 4 or 5 seconds of down-back, so that he is still blocking after the combo breaker and shadow wind kick animations happen. Take control of P1 Jago, break the combo, and immediately do shadow wind kick. You will never be able to hit him.

I have seen people who have been broken get hit kind of at the same time as the breaker, because I don’t think you get put into a flipout state on the very 1st frame of the breaker animation. But it’s a very weird situation that you can’t plan for (ie, a minion hitting you randomly at the exact same frame of the breaker). If you survive “a few frames” after the breaker (which is still before you visually see your character start to flip away), then you are fully invincible until you land, at which point you can block immediately.

1 Like

Apparently not the case since minions can get the “PUNISHMENT” sign for breaking.

I think you are all missing the online latency factor, I know it feels non-existent most of the time, but it exists. I find games that have lag will often ignore my inputs even if I’m holding back long before I need to; so this might be that just on a smaller 1 frame scale.

I’ve never seen this, if you have a video that’d be cool.

The “punishment” message in KI often shows up when it shouldn’t (often on the startup of jabs), so I wouldn’t trust it.

I played a really good Jago last night and once again, even though I started holding “block” as soon as I broke his combo, he was still able to Shadow Wind Kick and hit me and I was not able to block it, even though I was holding back. When I pulled up the inputs, it showed that I was holding forward. The only thing can think of, is the flip out caused an input reversal. I’ll record this when I have time…

If that’s true, it would make sense why some people have been talking about “blocking not coming out” in other threads. I always chalk it up to the person just not actually blocking, and I feel like they’re talking about strategy they’ve tried just beyond this one patch, but maybe there really was something to it and block doesn’t come out for them because of the bug.

What a devastating bug this is. MS says there is a fix coming tonight for it though, so hopefully it’s gone for good.

1 Like

Yeah man its real

Unfortunately, I didn’t see the fix in the patch notes, but we’ll see.

Well at least it’s not s1 braindead status, I’ll give the team that. That thing traveled full screen, oh poor glacius in season 1.

Can someone provide a video of this?

I will… I just haven’t had time.

1 Like