It's a great moment to achieve Killer Rank if you aren't one yet

Took me A F***ing year to get to killer…I hope it doesn’t reset … but it fit does…

1 Like

I had a similar discussion about this topic. See if it’ll interest you.

I’m not a good competitive player. I can’t do manuals for the life of me. My reaction time is so terrible, that even if I recognized the strength of a normal/auto-double, I wouldn’t be fast enough to actually break it. And I jump alot.

I enjoy playing with other people, and I don’t mind losing at all. Heck, if someone kicks my butt online, I never get salty. I just don’t have that competitive spirit in me. However, all this means I’ll never reach Killer rank. So it doesn’t hold any value or meaning to me.

It’s just a digital title that shows you’re good at a videogame. You don’t gain anything by it, other than bragging rights… and bragging about being good at a videogame doesn’t strike me as a positive thing either. It’s an achievement without value.

At least those who win at tournaments win prizes and such.
Sorry for being a downer.

Pretty much me in a nutshell. I signed up for Xbox live (90 day version) twice since KI has been out. I prefer playing offline. Though I do like watching others play.

1 Like

I usually follow Max and the official streams, and I love watching what people can do. I try to imitate it, because, well, I do like to try and get a bit better, but I usually fail. XD

It’s fun though. The game is fun! That’s what’s important to me. So what if I lose alot, as long I have fun, and I do! Well… unless people use the whole lag-hack to try and get an easy win over me. Have had that tried against me some times now, and I just leave the match then. If they want that win so badly that they have to cheat, then let them have it. I just think it’s kinda pathetic that an online score means so much to someone that they feel the need to do that. XD

Yeah same I like watching Max and a few others play including some members here. Eventually I would like I would like to get better myself but I’m lazy and lack motivation lol. Plus I have real world business to take care of. KI is my getaway.

I like to have fun too. When I play online and I lose I’m just “eh better luck next time” and move on. Even fighting the AI.

2 Likes

See the thing is. I’m 50/50 on your stance of competitive play. I actually find pride in my rank in this game. Incidentally because I VALUE the time and work I put into it. On a base level, video games are used for leisure and entertainment. Then, there’s a step further, where games are used to stimulate and challenge. Killer Instinct stimulates and challenges me to do better because I enjoy the feeling of winning. Having a good time and trying to compete can work in parallel. While you don’t have that connection with the game, pro players do. They express their passion by taking pride in the amount of work they put into it, but you know the best part about it? They’re having fun. The way I see it, as long as you are not using the title you have to demean of demoralize anyone from playing a game, you have all right to feel content about the work you put in to it.

2 Likes

When you look at the list of top players, most of them are forum members. I felt since I am one of the most active members here, I had to step up and become a killer like my fellow forumites. I felt somebody could think “lol this guy all day bragging on the forums and he’s not even a killer lol”

Now I can complain about retro costumes with a KILLER badge on me lmao

3 Likes

Just hit Killer rank!
It was quite easy to be honest, i’ve been playing this game for less than a month.
Still a great satisfaction

LOL James Goddard confirmed it on stream

RANKS RESET, EVERYBODY BACK TO QUALIFIERS

1 Like

I’m a lapsed player who only dipped my toes into ranked leagues this week. Qualifiers had me pegged for silver then HEY NOBHEAD HERE’S SOME KILLERS TO RUIN YOUR DAY and into bronze I went.

Hearing about the reset, plus promo matches and best of three for gold, has inspired me to get back on the horse and at least try to rank up if only to try to knock the achievements out if nothing else, since it’s about to get that much harder.

So, all aboard for From Scrub to Killer™, the thrilling journey of one manchild’s quest to the top despite the fact he still can’t tell the difference between light, medium and heavy.

[I]“But they all look the same!”[/I]

1 Like

Try again after S3 and get back to me I am friends with most a lot of killers and almost no one including myself is playing KI much because we trying to get off the habits of S2 in preparation of the S3 character move changes and stuff.