Is Wave 2 from UltimateSource back on?

Although I do agree with you. We are just now getting comics and the rash statue is still on its way.

2 Likes

A very good point! I really hope that lends credence to the idea that KI’s going to keep on going and that those aren’t just the last stops on the tour, so to speak. I still really want a 4th season, not to mention those sweet wave 2 figures (and a wave 3, and a wave 4…) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To bad the paintjobs on these things never look as good in person as they do in the pre-release photographs. I would have bought the rest of wave 1 if my LE Shago didn’t look like it was painted with a french fry.

That’s typical of most figures like this. They show off the best possible figure they can to make for some attractive pictures, and then later on in the production cycle they figure out ways to cut corners and reduce cost. As a Transformer toy collector I see that all the time.
What’s even worse are the Japanese Transformers…they look just as pretty as in the pictures, but they cut corners on quality control, so the figures typically end up having really bad issues with loose joints & such.

That’s why I stopped collecting McFarlane figures, back in the day they were super high quality. Like my Aliens, Spawn and Predator figures. Then by the time they got to Halo 4, they were cheap, lazily painted garbage. I bought an active camo Elite figure and before I even got him out of the box one of his legs was snapped off. Within a week he lost an arm and his head. Though I think that was due in part to the quality of the transparent plastic used in its construction, which makes me worry about Cinder’s quality if he ever sees the light of day.

Kinda expected more from Ultimate source though.

Just as a rule, clear plastic, especially the frosty kind they use for active camo Halo figures, is pretty brittle stuff.
So yeah, not that you mention it, that does kinda scare me for Cinder as well.

It looks like her modern incarnation but with the texture of her classic costume, which is weird but kinda neat.

Yeah these KI figures tend to be stiff-jointed and a pain to stick to their bases, I can see a lot of busted Cinders in the future.

I think a lot of it will depend on how many joints the figure has. Obviously the less it moves, the less pressure and friction will be put on joints, and the less easily they will break, even if the plastic does get brittle over time.

That’s the problem with the Halo figures…well one of them anyway… their joints are garbage. But then again the reason why they are the way they are is they just took the actual in-game models and lazily added toy joints (lots of them mind you) to them and called it a day. And a lot of those joints are bad, especially wrist joints. I can’t tell you how many if my Reach and H4 figures have broken wrists.

1 Like

You are looking at the prototype which later goes into mass production. This is how the process usually goes for any statue/action figure. It’s not a matter of cutting corners or laziness, the factories are in China to start, and it’s extremely hard to have QC on hundreds if not thousands of individual items that are being handled at such a far away location.

The leaning issue from the last batch however has a bit of cost cutting stink on it as a sturdier plastic was no doubt more expensive. I can’t even display Spinal anymore as his arms were the first to go, and in the process the weight caused Spinal himself to bend backwards.

I understand why it happens but after shelling out over $50 for a LE figure it doesn’t cushion the blow much. My Shago’s paint looks like someone sprayed it on from ten feet a way in some areas, especially the tattoo.

Thankfully I decided not to mess with him much out of the box, I put the sword in his hand and left him there for fear of breaking the dainty thing.

Well the good thing about Ultimate Source is their customer service is rather good. When I got my Jago figure he had a really bad case of derpy eyes.
Both black dots were very badly painted on, one was looking down to the left and the other up to the right. And they were nice enough to send me a second figure free of charge…just Jago though, no accessories or base. So even with everything else mediocre on the figures, at least their CS is top notch.

I was going to try to return my Shago but the first thing I did was redeem my color 10 code, then later I found that the figure had defects and that you can’t return them if you use the codes. So I didn’t bother pursing the matter. :\

The metallic color kinda remind me of KI2 Orchid

I might have been lucky with mine then. I’m pretty happy with the paint jobs on my Shadow Jago, Sabrewulf and Spinal. My Fulgore is sloppy all round though. Paint is poor and the soft plastic is pretty bad on this.

At least the downgrade isn’t on this level…

3 Likes

EDIT: ^^^^^^ should be criminal false advertising. I don’t think it’s honest to say “here is the prototype” when they knowfull well thefinal will bear absolutely no resemblance.

To be honest, people need to stop shelling out big money for junky plastic bits. Then people will stop trying to bilk you for these premium, limited edition, special edition pieces of junk.

I know we are all supposed to be rah rah supporters of anything and everything KI but, frankly I think it’s pretty shameful that Ultimate Source would ship figures that were so poorly constructed they couldn’t support their own weight. That’s not okay and I suspect that’s why we don’t have wave 2. MS probably said “fix it” and they said “we need more money” and MS said “no.” Hence we are here with NO WORD AT ALL from MS or Ultimate Source on the wave 2 figures. Just silence.

@rukizzel how many years are you guys going to wait before saying anything about the Wave 2 figures?

1 Like

I would’ve bought the Cinder figure if it released just a few months ago. It’s too late for me to feel like I need it now.

If it does end up releasing then I’ll wait for a discount.

Man these are so good. Please just release a small number of them as a limited run. Once they’re gone they’re gone. First come first serve deal. It’ll be such a shame if we were never able to get our hands on them.

@rukizzel please :heart:

5 Likes

Look at TJ’s right leg. This figure isn’t going to last more than a few days before falling over, especially with his arm outstretched like that adding even more weight. Hopefully they switched the material this time so that it doesn’t turn into taffy again.

I want that Cinder figure, but more than that, I want that color 10 that should come packaged with it.