Is this it?

Yeah and I hear ya on that, but what I’m saying is that I don’t want them to go for a reboot using the seasonal approach again over adding a 4th season to what we already have.

To me, simply ending the current KI and starting a new one, where we go back to eight characters, sparse modes and another three year wait just to get back to where we are now isn’t fresh either. At best it’d be confusing out of the gate, as you’ll have two very similar products with the same name on the market. At worst, it’s a complete do over for what seems to be little more than a possible graphics upgrade.

The part about the full budget and all that… I mean yeah that’d be nice, but we don’t know that either. KI’s proven itself, sure. But it also shows that they can make a successful game with this model without needing a triple A budget. Who’s to say they’ll suddenly reverse course and say “that KI was a big success, how about we hit reset on it and start dumping Gears money in to it.” I mean, we’re just guessing here, but does that seem like a probable scenario?

Well, we’re just reading the tea leaves here, but if he’s had little to do with the game for 6 months now, then it’s also possible that he doesn’t know what’s going on and he’s just throwing out his opinion on what he’d prefer.

Don’t you think it’d be a tad bit disingenuous if he were doing these videos of what he wants, only to know exactly what will happen?

Not saying it’s impossible. But even if he only knew which route they were taking (season 4 or new KI), that talking about either option, favorably or unfavorably at this point without giving some sort of indication that he knows something?

I mean, didn’t he specifically say what he worked on and when he was done? His channel is a large part of his job, his brand, etc. I’d be really surprised if he were willing to jeopardize the trust of his viewers by lying, whether by omission or outright.

1 Like