Is there anything I can do to get this game running on my computer?

Hey, I’m new here and to PC gaming in general.

Anyways, I’m planning on getting the Windows 10 version and I’m afraid that my computer won’t run it properly. I have had my eye on this game since the announcement in 2013. I’m unable to get an X1, but I DESPERATELY wanna play this game. I am aware of the specs for this game and I want to know if there is ANYTHING I can do or any PC gymnastics I can perform to my computer that can make the game playable at least.

My specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-5010U CPU @ 2.20GHz

RAM: 6 GB

Thanks!

You don’t have a dedicated graphics card? I don’t think you are going to be able to do anything to get it to run.

Do you know if your PC has an Nvidia or AMD graphics card? I ask that because, if it has one, it’s still possible that, besides being below the minimum requirements it maybe can run the game. If there’s no 3rd part graphics card I find it nearly impossible.
I’m running in an i7 3610QM @2.30 GHz, 8GB RAM and a NVidia GT630M. I’m afraid all I can do is download the game and pray.
Give it a try yourself, try downloading it if possible.

I got intel

I’m downloading it and praying as well. Good luck and thanks

the only thing to do is to try to overclock your cpu. hopefully your bios and motherboard support that type of thing. lots of little guides online to navigate you through that. You don’t really have to go through the extra hoops a lot of them may talk about with voltage changing and running all those test programs- you got a test program called Killer Instinct!! Only thing I would do is get cpu-z for voltage monitoring and look up your intel’s processor’s max voltage so you don’t fry it.

similarly downloading the program MSI Aterburner is straightforward for OC’ing your gpu. Hopefully that works on a laptop too. there are few handy guides for navigating that program, again, you don’t have to jump through all the hoops, just turn it up and hope KI runs better. If you blue screen your system then turn it back down.

Other than that, usually pc games have a lot of settings you can turn down to get it to work. your first stop should be running it in a smaller window if max settings causes stuttering

1 Like

Overclock only works on K (unlocked) processors AFAIK, so it won’t work here.

Thank you

I asked for PC gymnastics haha. Pray I don’t fall off the tight rope!

Buy an XB1 and job sorted :slight_smile:

1 Like

that’s not explicitly true, I’ve kept mine overclocked and there’s not a K to be seen in the title. He’ll find out for himself pretty quickly if it’s possible though

Here’s an update:

After KI downloaded and was turned on, I noticed that the UI seemed good.

However the game is slower than normal, but not totally unplayable.

The game is on all low graphical settings.

I’ll try your method to fix this, thanks again

You can also reduce the resolution to lower the load on your system.

That’s a mobile processor no? If so you’re likely screwed, since you can’t add hardware, over clocking is probably locked being so low end, and the gpu inside that is likely just about as basic as you can get from Intel to get the display to just run, no fancy things to can do to that. Given the min specs require about a 460 and dx 12 I don’t think you’re in luck

All of the laptops with that processor seem to have Intel HD 5500 Graphics, meaning that it probably wouldn’t run well at all even if you did get it running. Soz