Is the Steam release of KI needed in more ways than one?

So I had a thought after reading Sonic’s Maya guide and the mini-rant within. Obviously, exposure and money and more players are the things that are likely to come from the release. What I want to ask is will it be critical to game tech?

As far as the forum community goes, if I’m frank, sharing and exploration and discussion of tech is very limited. A potential fresh set of eyes on something we all have been playing for awhile ought to be welcome. Is it going to be another thing that will (or one would hope) happen with KI steam?

idk what kinda official forum is this. game developers barely answer that type questions they annouce the steam versions months ago. saddest part is i want to buy game from windows 10 store i only see redeem a code and share buttons. nobody knows anything.

I hate to agree but the lack of any other updates is what’s concerning me a bit and keeping me from even touching Shadow Lords at the moment.

1 Like

Would be nice to hear anything relating to the Steam version, but the devs are playing it close to the chest (for who knows what reason, certainly not the health of the game).

I think the Steam version is a little late for true game growth, especially since it will release after Marvel Infinite, but it’s my hope that people will check it out who never got to check it out before. And it showing up in Steam sales/on the Steam front page is certainly worth something in terms of getting new players involved, including some who didn’t even know there was a modern remake of KI and who would have never found it on the Windows store.

3 Likes

look basicly i can’t keep thinking about the KI:Steam. i felt like game devs. doesn’t care since KI is 2013 game what if devs. says meh whatever ? i mean you announce something for long time but you didin’t give any clear information to KI community. anything just put the game to steam so i can pre-order. all my thought is;
1- game devs doesn’t care the forums. since a lot people tag them for Steam version news
2- who ever works on steam port team doesn’t give anyinformation to community managers.
i have tweet to KI several times the minor issue they acting like three monkey.
All we wanna know just 3 answer of the questions
1-Can we redeem/claim our KI:DE keys on the steam ?(other wise it would be waste of investment)
2-Does steam version available cross play Xbox and Win10 ?(win 10,xbox,win 10 steam client because steam has different net coding and own servers.)
3-When game on the steam for pre-order ?(Release Date)

1 Like

Calling it now: KI Steam will release on 22nd of November, for 4th anniversary.

6 Likes

Well if this tweet James Goddard sent out is any indication the reason for the silence might be a big secret.

3 Likes

KI Season 4 or new KI sequel?.. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As quiet as they’ve been lately that would be my guess. The devs are typically rather engaging with the forums, so with the unusual quiet it would only make sense to me that something big is on the way.

2 Likes

Generally speaking, if the devs here don’t answer direct questions put to them (on the forum or on Twitter), then it’s because they have not been authorized to answer the topic in question, or there is no answer to the question yet. If they don’t know and think someone else may be better able to assist, they’ll usually tag that person in to help.

It is unwise for them to answer questions on things that haven’t been set in stone or fully worked out yet. We’ve seen in many occasions where answers that turned out to be not quite correct turn into massive firestorms as rabid fans throw their words back at them.

3 Likes

saying “we are working on that” means we don’t know anything yet. that’s ridiculous! @STORM179 @WrathOfFulgore

-shrug- As you wish. You asked a question and I tried to provide my perspective on it. Carry on.

4 Likes

But this tweet was in response to a question about the Kilgore funds. Plans not being locked in makes sense for tournaments since tournaments are still being organized.

I’m not sure if you made a new account and have been a previous user on these forums, but your account is less than two weeks old. You have ZERO idea about the kind of forum this is. Sure, they’ve been quiet for a while, but they have also been the most open and responsive devs I have ever seen in the time I’ve been here. So please, as much as I dislike the lack of news right now, do not assume that they are terrible based on one example.

5 Likes

i’m definitly respect to your idea. even i don’t agree. when a big company say “we are working on that” mostly they don’t also when a big company says they are sorry immediately i saw this comes out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ypUz1WYens

Just do what I do.

Expect nothing and maybe be surprised.

It’s kept me around here this long lol

4 Likes

9days ago i earn anniversary badge. its freedom speech. everyone free to say their ideas in respect line.

Hopefully the Steam release will help sort some issues with the Xbox app, too, since it seems very flakey to me at times. I have a friend that bought the full game who was never able to play online because of his router type, even after trying all the Teredo fixes and trying everything under the sun to get online.

I’m sure he can’t be the only one with this issue so hopefully there are a few people waiting in the wings it’ll help out.

As Steam is the go to OS for PC, hopefully the game will get plenty of new players through it, I know if I had the choice I’d rather play through Steam than the Xbox app, it has plenty of quirks that suggest it was definitely built more with the console crowd in mind. (Doesn’t switch very seamlessly from controller to keyboard, no visible status changes for friends, etc.)

If they manage to make Steam crossplay and playing with friends is as easy as inviting over Steam, I’ll probably never boot the Xbox/Win10 version again. Getting it to play with the Xbox app on PC is a real nightmare, and I’m pretty sick of router settings making it finicky to connect online.

4 Likes