Is the KI community starting to quit?

I remember on the peak of this game’s hype (between near end of s2 and beggining of s3) i was always around 700 on the ranking playing a lot, now im always around 250 playing no more than 5 matches per day, so this leads me to believe that a lot of top rank killers started to leave this game.

Is KI dying? I love this game but waiting more and more everyday to get a match either with evo tier players or obvious noobs gets a little boring

4 Likes

Not dying per se…some players are just taking a break

Yeah, dude, we’re approaching new release season. Gears 4 is probably tops this week. I love KI, and I’ve been with it since day 1, but even I play other games, and Destiny’s Rise of Iron came out the same day as the Shadow Lords public launch. Everyone is gonna probably have something else to play on the side. KI isn’t dying, it’s sharing the spotlight. Fighting games usually shine best in the spring/summer season anyway, at the height of tourney season.

8 Likes

Yeah between gears, forza, the overwatch event, and other non gaming related time consumers (mainly the start of the new school year) all coinciding with the end of S3 it’s the perfect time for a ki break. Plus the post evo months is usually a slow time for fighting games in general.

1 Like

This. I’m gonna grab the 50 Dailies in Shadow Lords Achievement and probably take a nice break. Getting back into Fallout, school work picking up (I’ve got a midterm tomorrow), Skyrim Remastered just around the corner, and some serious Halloween prep mean I’ve got a lot of other engagements coming up.

I’m also taking a break of sorts until the Shadow Lords Eyedol update. Wrapping up the remaining Mimic Skins and Achievements for Completion - then swapping to something different. Crash Bandicoot, Tales of Symphonia…taking a break from modern stuff until I have a reason to return to my favorite fighter.

Also some of the ki players need a break. Not everyone can spend copious amounts of time on a game. I love the game as much as the next fella, but i also have nursing school, a three year old son, and a wife. Sadly, life comes with obligations.

The telltale batman series is pretty good so far, but i do enjoy a good story. Also the bioshock collection was loads of fun, but I beat it so quickly.

2 Likes

Yes. The community is starting to quit. Too much competition from other titles with bigger budgets, larger player bases and more hype. Not to mention that fighters are niche anyway. I’ll be very pleasantly surprised if there is a season 4 or any additional stages or re-doing of some of the poorer character models for that matter. Put countless hrs into this game, so I definitely got my money’s worth.

1 Like

What game doesn’t have a bit of a slow period after all the dlc and a GOTY edition finally drops? I mean, sure I’m hopeful for a season 4, but as of right now all we’ve got left to see of the shiny new stuff is the Eyedol story arc for Shadow Lords. After that? Who knows? All the original cast is in the game, so they can’t tease any stragglers…maybe some supporting cast that’s been mentioned here & there. This game has been riding a fairly steady hype train and has been carried quite far into its life cycle on the constant promise of a game that will be better and have more goodies in a couple of weeks than it is/has now. But as of right now, while the devs are figuring out their next step, the hype train has come to a refueling stop, and a few passengers are getting off to stretch their legs. It happens. The big question is, what do you yourself plan to do, and are you going to let the whims of others stop you from enjoying the game if you want to continue to enjoy it? Me…I still play. But I have been kinda switching to other games as well. Just this last week I dusted off F-zero GX (wired controller & CRT TV make that game so much better). But I also played a couple of long sets of KI recently.

But anyway, yeah, I wouldn’t worry right now. Let everyone take a step back & take a breather. S3 has had a lot of stuff drop. Give everyone time to soak it all in.

2 Likes

It also seems some people grind Shadow Lords instead.

6 Likes

Yeah, that too.

Ranked might be your problem. I typically have much longer waits for ranked matches than going into exhibition, and I prefer the endless nature of exhibition matchmaking anyway.

I’m just taking a break for KI for a bit. With other games like Gears 4, and The New Overwatch Event, as well as games I have but don’t play much, I’m just playing other games. Plus, that input-flipping bug kinda scares me. :confused:

1 Like

This is where I’m at, at the moment.

Lol! I pretty much have been taking a break from the game since S3 dropped. Now that SLs is out though, as well as all the characters, I’m having a blast with the game. I’m still looking forward to some improvements in the game (expanded modes, accessories, etc.) but right now I’m kind of fully back in to the game and having fun.

That being said, I’m not, and haven’t ever been, a tourney level player, so I’m in a wholly different boat that many others who are taking a break now.

But yeah, it is the busy season, and games like Gears 4, Watchdogs 2, Skyrim Remastered, and others will be releasing soon. I more than likely will be peeled off KI again for at least 2 of these games.

all in all though, with no facts to base this off of, I feel that KI is, and will be, fine. I’m looking forward to the future, to the Eyedol DLC in SLs, any/all other SLs add-on, and then may finally…Ultimately…we can get Ultimates into the game next year. (Please based IG/MS…MAKE IT SO!!!)

Got tired of teabaggers/abuse messages/triple ultra trolling etc. Trying to find a more positive multiplayer experience at the moment.

3 Likes

Try playing with us more. I find that if I start to get frustrated with Ranked, I’ll ask the community if they want to play a couple of casual matches for fun. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I haven’t tried the new clubs program yet (I know it is still in preview, but still), how is that working out for finding good matches online?

Yeah for me it’s definitely dying just so sick of these constant changes to the system to the characters to the combo braking system I mean really all s3 is juggling and flip out it I was worried this is what it would turn into when they announced it hardly resembles the game that I went and dropped $600 on an Xbox for this game KI needs to revert back to the way it was before we got s3 also they are constantly slowing the game down if you played season one you know exactly what I’m talking about their making everything more easy to react to and combo break all for the sake of the new players they say I never asked for this game to be slowed down and as far as I remember I don’t see anyone else asking to slow the game down that’s what’s getting me is changing things that no one asked for just unnecessary changes all the time and another thing I believe is ruining this game it’s cool that they listen to us but when people get on here and ■■■■■ and whine about a certain character that me personally I’ve had to sit here and deal with this stuff for two years before it got changed I believe the new players should have to get used to the way it is instead of complaining and then getting it changed all because somebody didn’t want to take the time and practice to deal with what’s going on just always too quick to change it because someone is complaining also it takes forever to find an online match now and the lag is just awful just my 2 cents yo

3 Likes

Can only speak for myself, but yeah I’m taking a break. I enjoy the game, but life has been getting in the way a lot lately.