Is Rash going to pave the way for more immature characters?

lol. i think they’re blind honestly :stuck_out_tongue: and thats the majority

I’m a little surprised we haven’t seen threads like this for some of the silly accessories and costumes.

The team has done a wonderful job of embracing and extending KI’s campy origins, so I trust them to continue doing a great job.

Rash’s gameplay is fantastic, so I say let’s wait to see the modern version of Rash and learn the backstory. I feel pretty good they’ll make him fit right in aesthetically.

1 Like

Those are just textures though, still part of this retro. Generally costumes have some sort of model change. Those are probably just unfinished colors that only appeared because the files weren’t done installing, not a different costume. Though that is a step in the right direction.

Fair enough well we’ll see his true default come season 3.

Killer Instinct does NOT have a serious tone. Cinder? That character belongs on a Saturday morning cartoon or something. Sabrewulf wins the tournament so he can put on pants? Not serious at all. None of the characters look scary. Spinal has a silly run and cackle. Most of them simply have very very little personality taht I just wouldn’t consider them “serious” at all. The old ones seemed to go for a darker and grimier feel, but this one feels very colorful and kiddie in general.

I respect your opinion but I definitely got to disagree with you to me KI3 is pretty dark for a fighting game infact the only mainstream modern fighting games I feel are darker are Mortal Kombat and Injustice both made by NetherRealm.

Anyone know who published/wrote this? I wonder if I could contact them for an accessible electronic copy that I could read with my screen reader? I’d pay for it, of course. Sounds like an interesting read for KI fans.

Product Details
Hardcover: 256 pages
Publisher: Prima Games; Har/Bklt edition (November 22, 2013)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 080416276X
ISBN-13: 978-0804162760

That’s just like your opinion man. KI has always looked immature and slightly goofy to me.

1 Like

I’m not a big fan of Rash, but I have to wonder how much damage he could possibly do to the tone of a game where laughing skeleton pirates fight cyborg dinosaurs.

3 Likes

Honestly I think Rash fits, we were missing a comedic character, he has 90’s cheese, he’s an amphibian so the creature trope continues as well as him having morphing abilities. I think of him like the Mask and in that sense he fits.

Jesus! Game community is most annoying thing ever. They’ll never be satisfied :worried:

1 Like

KI has always been tongue in cheek. The style was always tended to lean towards “Dark on the surface, silly in the center”

Rash is hella tongue 'n cheek and a great nod to the games of the past. The old Battletoads games had about as much gore and blood as KI did.

Rash is great, If you don’t like him remember hes a guest char. Hes not gonna ruin your head canon or whatever.

1 Like

For some reason I kinda wanna see what Banjo would look like in KI now that you’ve mentioned it

Please no Kameo and Joanna dark are the only Rare characters I can see working, Banjo can be an accessory for retro Sabrewulf or whatever.

Think about it though. He’d be an actual bear (think Kuma), and his retro would be normal Banjo we know and love!

I like Banjo Kazooie, and my wife has beaten all three (four?) of the games in the series. We also both play Killer Instinct.

Neither of us want him in KI.

3 Likes

I don’t even see Kameo fitting.

I think the style they was going to do in the cancelled sequel looks like it could fit quite well atleast allot better than Rash in my opinion.

1 Like

Well by that reasoning Banjo, Conker or any other Rare character could fit if they decided to completely redesign the character into something else entirely. I was just speaking from what games were actually released, the old Kameo wouldn’t fit in with KI at all. That design could work but without telling me that it’s supposed to be Kameo I’d think it was just some generic hack and slash warrior character.