Is it possible to bring K.I. 2013 to the Nintendo Switch?

That’s a damn shame to hear!

Well if that’s the case then I hope you & the team win the Microsoft summer picnic Volleyball tournament with some great reads & combo breakers!

It’s always cool to hear from the devs that KI is on their mind when it comes to getting it into as many players hands as possible. Regardless of it being a niche title in a niche genre.

Btw, sidebar here… Did the KI team ever suggest to the guys who handle the Xbox DVR game capture stuff… to add some intro / transitions clips for fighting game fans that want to show off their “top 5 fights of the night” with the Xbox community? I would use the crap out of them if so.

It would, and I wouldn’t put it past MS to try it, but I doubt Nintendo would allow such a transaction. The reason being, is that Nintendo is a Japanese company and the cultural aspects simply wouldn’t allow it.

MS though could highly invest into Nintendo and thus become a partner, but I don’t think that would happen.

Again, I believe the most realistic approach is that Nintendo and MS create a partnership to trade licensed IPs to use in various games.

1 Like

Didn’t Microsoft bring some of their titles to the DS back in the day? I think a partnership would be great & enjoy the idea of Xbox live on the switch.

Reminds me of those “wii60” days…

Porting games aren’t a problem for AAA developers and publishers. They would refuse to port because either A) they don’t see enough damand for that game on the platform with the market research that they conducted or B) they have some exclusive deal or situation going on.

Since reason B is kinda blurry and not applicable (evidence: Minecraft on everything and Xbox games on Steam) reason A would be the only reason holding them Back.

Also Steam has a huge user base, but fighting games are even more niche on PC.

Uncharted for Xbox is probably more likely than KI for Switch.

3 Likes

Which is as likely as being donkey-kicked by a fat ostrich…

2 Likes

Port the arcade version.

That would be neat, but to be honest with the way Nintendo does things they’d more likely use the SNES version if any agreement was made. I mean hell, they still haven’t released ports of any of their own arcade games…not even Donkey Kong.

Although I gotta admit, it would be nice to see a completely uncensored version of the Arcade games with Nintendo logos fully intact both in the attract mode and Orchid’s stage.