Injustice 2

Not every game is.

They did though, it was called the ultimate edition.

What I am talking about is beyond that. A game that contains Everything. Just a simple way to buy the game and not worry anymore about what they might make. The ultimate edition is nothing more than the character packs together. You maybe save 5 over buying them separate. Ok it has some skins, but have you really looked at them. On alot of the characters they look like crap, or the character already has a shader that is real close.

What really kills me is that this is the 3rd patch, but the first real balance patch. So far they have spent more time worrying about people cheating the mother boxes and selling more skins, than the quality of the character MUs.

The only reason the motherboxes were fixed so fast is because they contain character shaders, and if you have unlimited boxes, then you donā€™t need to buy them with real money.

This patch did bring up more frequent shaders and Epic gear I will admit. Just last night I received a few shaders & a lot of Epic gear in multiverse / AI simulator rewards
whereas before it would be Common gear with 0 for every stat slot

Yeah I got 4 shaders today and 2 abilities. Bout time lol

1 Like

Robin epic multiverse up

MONDAY IS STARFIRE WALKTHROUGH

AAAAHHHHHHHH

:+1:t2:

For all you latenight people :smile:

There is a ability multiverse going on right now.

Harley Quinn one? Think I got a superman one ugh

I donā€™t remember. All I remember is that I got a Red Hood ability. I just have the AI fight, so I never really pay attention to who is fighting. I am just happy that I have the money to start it, amd that one is going on in the first place. 57 abilities left to go.

2 Likes

I canā€™t believe how elusive this cat call & staff of Grayson are.

Itā€™s like they were programmed to be rare

Iā€™ve crafted my best Robin so Iā€™m not even sure Iā€™d appreciate staff of Grayson which takes up two slots now. Lol

Another ability multiverse is going on now. 3 hours left. This is a different one than my post from last night. Got a Sub-zero ability. 56 left to go.

It is like you are reading my mind. Sub-zeroā€™s puddle freeze will be another one that is hard to get.

1 Like

You know, Iā€™m not for sure, but I think Injusticeā€™s popularity might be leaking over into KI. I just heard that Injustice is this yearā€™s top grossing game. Surely that has made interest in other fighting games peak, especially those of the free to play variety.

Best selling console game for the second quarter of 2017. Not really a big deal considering most other games in this quarter are total crap. The award isnā€™t that big of a deal when you donā€™t have any real games to compete with.

Eh, semantics. Point is more KI players, and thatā€™s a good thing. :grin:

I donā€™t know man. Iā€™m guessing plenty of developers and publishers would love to achieve that ā€œnot big dealā€ status.

Say what you want about NRS but it looks to me like they have cracked the formula for their particular business model. Alternating MK and Injustice games every two years with about a year of DLC. Injustice 2 is doing great by any metric.

I am just saying that it is not really a shock considering they had no real games to compete against. It is not like they released it in Nov when most of the large titles come out. It didnā€™t release in August, the same month that Madden comes out.

MK will turn 25 years old this year, so I am not suprised that a game that plays just like it and made by the exact same people does well. They are using a very well established brand. Even the worst selling MK games did better than alot of games.

Uhhhhh Tekken 7?

ā€¦ well, SFV didnā€™t sell nearly so well. It plays the same and is made by the same people as SF2 which sold approximately a bajillion copies on consoles in the nineties. Tekken 7 came out (albeit somewhat later) and is not moving the kind of units that Injustice 2 is moving.

I mean, there are ways to have success and not be Madden. Iā€™m just not sure why you would want to downplay the sales of the game. Itā€™s August and so far itā€™s the best selling game if the year. Any way you slice it thatā€™s good.

Tekken is a great game, but it is still is nothing when compared to a comic book franchise game, which also happens to be from the same makers of a fighing came that is older than Tekken.

People will play Tekken and KI because they like fighing games. People will play MK for 2 different reasons. One is because they like fighing games, and the other is all the gore the game has in it due to the fatalities. Injustice 2 is just like MK and has 2 reasons that people play it. It has comic book characters, and is a fighing game.

As great of game as Tekken 7 is ā€œI own it alsoā€, its graphics are alot worse than Injustice 2ā€™s are. Even MKX looks better than Tekken 7. Unless someone is some fighing game super fan, they are not going to buy both, they will buy the better looking of the 2 and that would be Injustice.

SFV would have had better numbers if the game was put on the X1 also. Even as bad as the game is. I bet it still sold alot of copies.

The main point of my post about the award was to point out that they got the award for best in a quarter, not best in a year. There is a big difference.
Best in a quarter can be done because you had no real competition. To be best in a year, then you need to be better than every game that comes out.