I'm very excited to finally be able to play Killer Instinct! (Story)

Always baffles me when somebody cries because he cant play a game, despite it beeing his own damn fault.
Who told you to buy a ps4? If you wanted to play ki so badly, you clearly made the wrong choice.
cant wait to own you, just like the other beggars.

Iā€™ve never really got to play Sub-Zero Mythologies. I did once, but it wasnā€™t for long. But Iā€™m sure your not the only one that likes it!

I really like Jago. His story, his character design, and the fact heā€™s a well-rounded shoto character will make him easier to pick up than most of the cast. Heā€™s going to be the one I play as to learn and get used to KI.

However, I do like all of the characters in KI. So I will still be playing with the whole roster.

Mine is Riptor, Glacius and Sabrewulf (al in that order)

1 Like

K @ Obvious troll post

The reason why I got a PS4 is because it has more games I personally like. Xbox only had KI ā€“ and like I said in the OP, at the time I thought it was going to do bad. I could sell my PS4 and buy an Xbox if I really wanted to, but Iā€™m not because, again, PS4 has more games I like.

Besides, when did I ever ā€œcryā€? Oh, and thanks for trying to show off in a nice, cool discussion.

ā€œcant wait to own you, just like the other beggarsā€, LOL, yeah right.

Iā€™m in a similar situation, Iā€™ve played KI alot on a friendā€™s Xbox one but never considered putting the money forward for the entire system.

Luckily, itā€™s coming to PC next year and Iā€™ll be able to play it more.

1 Like

I got Xbox One because of KI. PS4 had one exclusive that made me consider purchasing it but it was not very successful. That game was called Godzilla. Donā€™t get me wrong I freaking love Godzilla and my collection is almost done.

So yeah I have an Xbox One, a Wii U and as soonas the PS4 has a good exclusive iā€™ll consider buying it.

1 Like

Well, Iā€™m pretty good at fighting games so I donā€™t think I will have an issue. Thanks for the good luck, though.

I can kinda relate to your story but itā€™s vice versa. I got an XB1 because it had games I think would be more interesting for me to play.

While I wasnā€™t sure if KI should get a PC port because I felt I wouldnā€™t have a chance to face new competetion, since we have potential for cross platform play I look forward to other players joing our community. Also weā€™ll get potential for KI getting more spotlight to!

Welcome to the KI forums dude. I know youā€™ve already faced some animosity but donā€™t let it discourage you. Come on in. and enjoy your stay!

1 Like

@ULTRASUBZER0 I donā€™t have an X1 either, am waiting for PC release too, but if you can get to the Chicago area any time an awesome arcade called Galloping Ghost built a full custom arcade cabinet around an X1 and you can play the new KI unlimited free play. (A flat $15 entry fee gets you in the front door with access to everything complimentaryā€¦except food, haha)

Itā€™s actually what I do to get my KI fix. Thereā€™s so many games that not one of them stays crowded for long so I just started spending long sessions in training mode on KI at the arcade. If you never been to the Largest Arcade int he United States at 400+ machines on freeplay then itā€™s a worth a vacation trip :slight_smile: . What else are we gonna do before March?!? They have all the 90s fighting games out and the newer ones (MKX, USF4, Injustice) in their own custom arcade cabs too.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to be honest, playing the demo at an MS store alone was enough for me to get the game. Even though I had no idea what I was doing, even after reading the move list (I didnā€™t know the combo structure, and starting with Glacius may have not been the best move). Course I put in a little research, but as soon as I got my Xbox One (which I was going to get anyway), I bought the ultra edition straightaway.

KI has honestly become one of my favorite games of all time, next to Sonic Adventure 2 and Halo 3. The games structure just worked for me, and it was so much fun. In S1, Glacius was my only main, with Jago and Orchid as backups.

It wasnā€™t until around S2 launched that I started going to these forums and getting involved with the community. Coming from the Sonic fanbase, this community is incredibly passionate and lessā€¦conflicted. I made a lot of new friends here and am continuing to do so, and itā€™s been a please being a part of this.

Iā€™ve actually played the game so much that Iā€™m good enough to make top 8 in 8BBD! It feels so damn good, especially considering my mediocre performance in other fighting games. This game is amazing.

Welcome FINALLY to the Killer Instinct community, our NEW fellow Killer Instinct fan :sunglasses:

When i was 13 years old i got my xbox one it costed a bit but later i didnā€™t know I had Shadow jago So i was excited to play killer instinct And on Season 2 trailer 2014 i was excited to play all the new characters But When I 2015 I was 14 years old from this day And when I Reached killer i was so Happy KI has been my favorite fG Eversince i was 10

1 Like

Glad to hear that you like.

Might be a good time to buy with the black friday sale coming up, season 2 is like half off. Since its ā€œcross-buyā€ youā€™ll be able to play it once the PC version comes out.

Itā€™s good to see that even now the game is still attracting new fans/players and a well-written post, I might add. I was similar to you in the sense that I didnā€™t own an Xbox One when the game came out and couldnā€™t justify getting a console for what would be, as a player with no vision whatsoever, one game and maybe some others down the road (MKX hadnā€™t been announced at that time of course, but still).

I, like you, listened to the soundtracks and followed what news I could. Then, when I got my Xbox One just before MKX came out, one of, if not the first thing I downloaded was KI. After a couple of days I was able to get started and put everything Iā€™d learnt into practice. Iā€™m still learning now, but thatā€™s not the point. Point is, Iā€™m glad ultra-combo.com will have one extra fan/player here, if not more by the time the PC release hits.

Also, if you want to battle when the PC version comes out next year, Iā€™m sure it wonā€™t just be me whose ready to help teach/fight you.

Welcome to the KI family, even if you havenā€™t bought the game yet. I welcome with open arms anyone who wants to embrace KI, but I wonā€™t go easy on you if we meet in an online ranked match :wink: