If there is a sequel, I hope there's a new engine

They’re gonna have to use a new engine regardless. The hex englne license only applies to this KI.

1 Like

Well, unless they reacquire the license for the next game as well.

I suspect it may not be possible

Yes, you reminded me. KI lacks cinematic flair. On NRS games or SF5, cinematic camera angles make many moves look so cool, this is unfortunately absent in KI.

What I would love to be upgraded:

• Dedicated animations for autodoubles
  • Cinematic angles
  • M rating, which would give devs mre creative freedom with narrative and flesh out characters (hard to make an intimidating villain if he did not do much evil)
  • Overall graphics improvement.

I noticed something. We all want KI sequel but we can’t gather enough ideas to justify one, our current KI plays so good.

1 Like

How come?

Yes. Also, unique dialogue would be cool too. I wish there were clash dialogue, or end game dialogue. e.g. after Jago fights Sabrewulf, he says something like “Your curse has become too severe, Von Sabrewulf…”. Shadow Lords was in the right direction with that, I like that.

Because Amazon

You don’t need gore to make a villain intimidating or evil. Honestly all you need is for the villain to do something everyone hates. Global domination is usually good enough in any major high-stakes scenario, but sometimes all it takes is something small and personal.
I mean they could easily pull a Sephiroth and kill off a once crucial but now useless character (story-wise) like Orchid for example and a new villan’s infamy would be immediately attained. No gore necessary, either kill said character off-camera, have the story pick up after the fact, whatever. But it could be easily attained within a T-rating. I mean hell, if Superman can laser Shazam through the head within the constraints of a T-rating, KI doesn’t need one.

Besides, everyone always forgets KI’s thing is over-the-top violence, not gore.

I need for you to explain this in a bit more detail for me, as I honestly don’t know…

I just want more blood. literally the letters “Ultimate” have more blood on them then the ultimates themselves. Like I don’t want Mortal Kombat level gore, but not this Nick Jr stuff.

DH have been acquired by Amazon. Amazon, is Weird and restrictive with software and have aspirations to enter into the console market(eventually lol)(idk y)

KI has buckets of blood flying everywhere. You can’t do a simple 5-hit combo without painting half the screen red. The problem is after you’ve played a few rounds and learned that you need to focus more on the give and take of the combo system it becomes white noise. That doesn’t mean it’s not there though.

1 Like

yeah, but the blood disappears like 5 seconds later, which is pretty saddening. I thought it would stay there the entire match. but then again, like you said, I guess it focuses more on the over-the-top violence

Honestly if it didn’t disappear so quickly the whole screen would be nothing but blood, as fast-paced as KI is.

Probably the biggest issue with the blood is the black screen used for Ultimates unfortunately also covers up the blood effects as well as the background. That with the white noise effect makes the game seem like it doesn’t have any blood at all. But it’s there.

yeah lol, but I’d sort of like that. It’d showcase how brutal the combat is. Maybe they could implement a feature that could toggle blood on and off?

Oh, yeah, that I knew… but does that mean they acquired the rights for the Hex engine as well?

Lol…I’ve made a few threads asking for that very thing…noone else seemed to agree.

Personally I would love to have a blood toggle. It’d be e a nice feature to have so I could keep playing KI when people like my brother’s family comes over without my sis-in-law making making passive aggressive comments such as " Oh my, would you look at that… clearly you shouldn’t be playing that in front of MY children." :roll_eyes:

*shrug * worked for Microsoft…

Microsoft also have MANY precautionary tales about jumping into a market late…

hey, if Amazon wants to get into the gaming market, they’ll definitely try to get in lol. they said they wanted to get into the e-book market, and they did that.