Idea for a Killer Character Creation Contest

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone in the forums would be up for an unofficial KI character creation contest. I’ve participated in similar ones on other fighting game sites (like Mortal Kombat) and they’re usually a lot of fun.

Basically anyone can join and you come up with your own creation for a fighter that would fit in the KI universe. You give a description of that person, background, move-set, taunts, win poses, story, ending. You can also add a visual representation of the character (whether it be a drawing or a HeroMachine mock up or whatever) but it’s not mandatory since not everyone has the innate ability to draw.

I know there is a temptation to make this super official and demand that the winner be in Season 3 or some pipe dream like that. I say that we should keep it somewhat casual and made for the fans by the fans. If IG likes what they see and want to help out I wouldn’t be opposed but it’s definitely not something I would expect.

Let me know your thoughts and maybe we can organize a contest to celebrate the announcement of Season 3!

DM

1 Like

I like to make characters all the time, and I have a few concepts floating around here somewhere. I’m down!

I like this idea, DarkMadrigal!

I’ll have to put some thought into it, but for starters, how about an Orc? As a race, they’re fairly well represented in many forms of entertainment from Lord of the Rings to World of Warcraft, Dungeons and Dragons, Warhammer, etc.

I have like a lot…

• A vampire
  • A psychic
  • A wendigo
  • A water character - merman/mermaid
  • A wind character - smoke/cloud? Following Glacius - liquid, Aganos - solid & Cinder - plasma
  • A Bane wrestler
  • An archangel

you mention Orcs and i immediately hear “we will slay many an orc today” curse you neverwinter lol

Universal/Hammer horror style Mad Scientist zoner character would be awesome. Drinking potions for buffs and laying traps whilst using a Frankenstein’s Monster like creature as a heavy hitter. He’d kinda fight like a Persona character, or Relius/Carl from Blazblue.

There’s some great ideas already which makes me happy since there definitely is some interest for holding a contest.

What I’m thinking is to maybe start another thread with a poll to see just how many people in the community will support a contest and we’ll keep this thread as a place to throw out ideas for characters and shop around ideas for actually organizing a contest.

Now to go out and figure out how to set up a poll in these new forums…

Well, the contest poll is chugging along and we’ve gotten 30 people that have voted. There’s been an overwhelming amount of people saying they want the contest but 30 isn’t that big a number. I’m going to wait to see how many people vote and what the results are like for the next little bit but if anyone wants to jump in with suggestions on how to organize a contest that would be really helpful. I’ve got some things in mind but I don’t want to move ahead unless I think it’ll work.

I have three ideas.

A Vampire/succubus if you want to make them female(like morrigan) The character would specialize in rush down. They would have the ability to bite their opponent and be able to get either life from them or maybe even a buff. The buff could depend on which version they get. So maybe a temporary speed buff, defense buff, or 5% life recovery or something on that line. I think a dash teleport would be great for a character like this. They can phase through fireballs and other physical attacks. Maybe this character instead of having a traditional fireball could have an assist that comes out and performs a ranged attack…I know we already have something like that with Aria, but this version will actually bind the opponent, or just a traditional style projectile, but still binds the opponent, does no chip and very little actual damage.

A Samurai/master swordsman. This character would have access to multiple blades. Example would be having their main heavy sword, a twin sword set and a dagger or daggers that are extremely fast. The character would be able to switch between each sword or stance and have a move for each that is unique to that weapon, or based on light medium, heavy would use that weapon for the same move, but each would have unique properties on how the special comes out. Needless to say, this would be an execution heavy type character.

Gunslinger(Cowboy/Swat team member) This would be a pure zoning character as this character would thrive on long range combat with multiple projectiles. Ranging from hand guns, rockets, riffles, granades, mines so forth and so long. His/her strength is in keeping the opponent away and setting up traps, their weakness…Their normals are very slow and not that great. I am thinking Spinal like normals.

Again, a lot of great ideas but no place to gather them all together and have a friendly competition to see who comes out on top. And along with that you get a bit of feedback with your creation that you can take along with you if you ever create more fighting game characters.

We’ve got to make this contest happen somehow.

[quote=“Sheptastic0312, post:9, topic:222, full:true”]
A Samurai/master swordsman. This character would have access to multiple blades. Example would be having their main heavy sword, a twin sword set and a dagger or daggers that are extremely fast. The character would be able to switch between each sword or stance and have a move for each that is unique to that weapon, or based on light medium, heavy would use that weapon for the same move, but each would have unique properties on how the special comes out. Needless to say, this would be an execution heavy type character.[/quote]

YES! I NEED THIS CHARACTER!

I dream of a Tex-Mex luchador named Chalupa Libre. Built like a bear, broad shoulders, huge muscles, and a b.eer gut to bring ruin to the world. Flying grabs to weaken limbs and auto-doubles/linkers modeled off of different joint locks, choke holds, and throws.
All the fighting for his home; a desert ghost town filled with tourists, cacti, and dust storms set to a soundtrack evoking Kill Bill, The Ecstasy of Gold, and Muse’s Knights of Cydonia with a slight mariachi twist.
Should I see a therapist for dreaming such dreams? Maybe. Should Chalupa Libre be the hero of Season 3? Also maybe.
(huh… B-eer is censored. What did the ye.asty beverages ever do to deserve such abuse? Lol… Wait, y-easty as well? An adjective of/or pertaining to yeast? )