I don't understand what to do

Well, if you play randoms in exhibition, it’s just as bad as playing ranked (in terms of running into good players who will cream you). My suggestion was to find 1 player out of the last 50 players that you had a good match with, send them an Xbox Live message and ask if they want to play some private matches, because you’re looking to get better. Maybe some people won’t respond, maybe some people WILL respond and they’ll end up being a different skill level than you thought, but if you do this a few times you’ll find someone who you’ll have a bunch of really good games against. That’s how you improve.

You mentioned you like to work out, this is no different. You don’t just go to the gym and “do stuff”, you have a particular plan when you go there as to what you will work on and for how long. Fighting games can be the same way, if you want them to be. Today I will work on my anti-airs, I don’t care if I lose. Today I will work on trying to be less predictable in my combos, etc.

If you could do that, you would be better than all of us. I think one of the main reasons you’re losing is because you are making mistakes you don’t know about, and the mistakes you do know about have fixes you haven’t considered.

I have taken the gym approach, I’ve spent the last two weeks just working on blocking or dodging cross ups. The difference is when I have s goal at the gym when I return the following week I’m closer to it. After two weeks of working on crossups, I still fall for them the same rate I was previously . I’m sure if I kept doing this for another week or two ID get better, but…that isn’t fun. Even in the gym I don’t have to specifically dedicate weeks of effort to make an adjustment in a lift. There comes a point where I just want to fight and win often enough to have fun. Even if that’s 50/50. I actually played with several people from a forums I often visit. Where I was 50% win. Didn’t improve my play at all and me and him played for several hours for a few days.

It’s up to you what you find fun, I guess. I won’t pretend to make that distinction for you.

But if you have friends you can play that you go 50/50 with, sounds like there’s fun to be had here.

Like i said it seems to be the Genre not being for me. Lifting requires a ton of patience and effort to even add 5lbs to a lift. But I’ve never lifted for an entire month and felt like I’ve went nowhere. I’ve been playing KI for 2 months and feel like I didnon day one. I’m sure many find this type of dedication fun, but my game time is limited and this investment is just silly from my perspective.

1 Like

TBH we have all been there fighting games are like souls games. Uber unforgiving but you keep coming back if you have fun if the climb of grind is not fun then don’t play it. If the game is failing to do for you what you want then don’t attempt it.

Itsbsad because I enjoy watching them be played and like the characters but it’s just anti-fun to me. Many people tell me RTS games aren’t fun for this reason and I love them.

No don’t feel bad. I wish I could get my friends into fighting games but it’s cool. Here’s what I recommend. Go to exhibition. Okay ppl at your skill level. Okay when YOU WANT TO. You can’t play a game with the expectation you aren’t good enough. Games aren’t meant to not entertain us.

People are trying to help you because you asked for help. But if you don’t want to play anymore, that’s a perfectly fine choice. Then there’s no need to post anymore.

Ibwas having a conversation with someone else, that still still pertained to the topic. But thanks ?

You should honestly feel a lot better than you did at day 1. I feel like there might be some core aspects of the game that you aren’t picking up on. Either that, or you aren’t getting the muscle memory down to repeat in practice (came to mind when you brought up cross-up drills).

I played SC:BW very competitively back in the day. I also play shooters and this game. Your personality type (like mine) seems built for this game to be honest, so I’m a little shocked that you aren’t hooked by now. However, the other thing I can resonate with is how you say it’s just not fun to try and improve. Though not with this game, I am kind of like that with shooters. I just cannot see any fun whatsoever in an FPS game if it’s an even match where everyone is one-for-oneing each other. I play FPS games to pubstomp a bunch of scrubs. I literally only have fun playing them when I can dominate while barely trying. Shooters are the only games like that for me, though. I don’t enjoy beating up on beginners in RTS or fighting games, or really any 1v1 game.

If it helps, I’ve gotten my ■■■ handed to me a lot by a lot of great players. As long as I can get close, it’s all cool. I have a sparring partner who has been playing KI for years and last night he took five games no sweat. And that is considering that I am playing against the AI on Killer difficulty.

Do you know what he is ranked? A qualifier. In fact, a lot of players are.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems when season three came out everyone had to go back into ranked to regain their titles. That person you are playing against might actually have worked his or her way up to Killer. Now, in some ways, that makes my Gold rank feel hallow, but that’s okay.

I’ve managed to wreck a lot of players and nothing is better than when someone taunts you and then you throw him all over the stage. But I also lose… a lot. Maybe those guys have 3 years of playing on me. After all, I can only dedicate so much time to the game.

Keep at it. If you want to play sometime, let me know. Don’t worry: I won’t quadruple Ultra you.

Not trying to make you change your mind, but have you considered looking at what you think your mistakes and/or issues are under different angle?

Your story of training to block crossups reminds me of a small article one of GG players once wrote. He basically said in it that sometimes instead of trying to train ability to defend against some brutal setups one should probably try to train oneself how to avoid getting put into such situation in the first place, which is much more doable.

Case in point, some mixups are specifically designed to be unreactable and undefendable without guessing. This is to ensure that a match between 2 great players don’t last forever. This is also KI we’re talking about, a game notorious for “bull ****” (in a good sense of the word) character design where everyone and their mom has loads of dirt like that.

I’m absolutely in no position to give advices here, but maybe this is the case of, figuratively speaking and using your own analogies, attempting to get better at lifting a weight that is bolted down instead of taking step back and realizing you should be lifting something else instead?

You need to understand your character! Understand situations! How he works… Glacius is a top tier character and you’ll telling us that you can’t beat opponents but your a Gold rank… You obviously have some skills… You just have to understand the thinking part of the game!

I don’t use Glacius much but when I summon hail with either strength, immediately push the other strengths to get all three hails!

Do shorter combos or counter break them, heavy’s are the easiest to recognize so try counter breaking your heavy’s…

Alright enough tips before I make you better than me… Lol!!!

I caught one of your videos on YouTube and it was funny as hell… The Shadow Jago match-ups!

Are you trolling…
Add Me…
Fight Me…