I can't map Taunt on my Fightstick -- how will I be able to play Shadow Lords with it?

I’m using a Hori Real Arcade Pro 4 PS3/PS4/DirectInput fightstick and I have to use XOutput to be able to map my inputs and make the game think I’m using an Xbox 360 controller. The issue though is that I can’t map my Taunt input to the touchpad, R3, L3 or Share inputs. I can only map it to my face buttons or start – but of course I can’t do that because I wouldn’t be able to use my attacks or pause the game.

I’ve never been able to use Taunt when I’m using my fightstick, but this hasn’t been an issue since I never taunt my opponents in-game. But I noticed that the new Shadow Lords mode coming out uses Taunt to be able to activate certain things. This means that I (or anyone else having to use XOutput to be able to use their stick) will NOT be able to play Shadow Lords “properly” with my stick. I was wondering if anyone has found a way to map Taunt on their DirectInput fightstick?

@developers This is a long shot, but I was wondering if maybe we could get a comment about DirectInput support for Killer Instinct?

There are some third party apps you can use, but i dont know which one is specifically good for your case.

The chances of success with one of those is probably closer than an official solution from the dev team.

(NOT trying to say they dont fix stuff. Im saying that this issue is odd and specific, and the fix for it would be unconventional.)

I feel dumb. It turns out I mapped the wrong inputs in XOutput which was making them not work in KI. I could have sworn that I checked to see if they were correct before though. I guess I just got confused…

1 Like