I can't block Sadira web setups in S3

There was a bug in S1 where, if Spinal teleported into the corner, the entire game crashed.

That’s pretty game-breaking.

KI has always been a bit of a buggy game… and by that, I don’t mean gameplay balance stuff (ie, Kim’s shadow counter whiffing on something weird is unfortunate, but not a “bug”). It’s definitely a bit more buggy than most other fighting games, but that’s also because they update way more often than them, and put in way more content than them. I wish it wasn’t as buggy while still keeping all that content, but maybe it’s not possible given the team size and budget, I dunno.

At any rate, this bug is very serious and the input system change should have been withdrawn entirely (and then fixed in the background and prepped for a future patch) as fast as certification would have allowed (which I guess would be about 7-10 days). We’re past that now, so I’m hoping the team understands just how serious this bug is and talks to us about when a fix is coming before too long. Waiting another 2-3 weeks for a fix on this issue is not acceptable IMO.

The rest of the patch, gameplay changes wise, seems to be a pretty positive step for the game overall.

1 Like

there’s way more things messed up then just direction input. while that is the most pressing issue I thought to mention the others as well. and they are serious as well

SFV just installed rootkits on the people’s computers…gonna go ahead and say that’s worse than an issue with blocking directions. SFV has also had issues with slapping ragequit punishes on players that were ragequit on. Or, like, people that just booted up the game, and hey, the game thinks you ragequit! Rank down! On top of that, it had a bug that caused the wrong version of a character to be selected.

KOF14 currently has a bug that causes your button layout to change when a match starts. Have fun with that in a tournament setting.

SFxT and SF4 both had bugs that crashed the game at various points in their lifetimes, some easily reproducible and even likely to happen in a match.

HD remix had a handful of glitches (well, new ones anyway,) including a character’s super input not working properly from one side and various crash issues.

DOA5LR had bugs that prevented certain characters from being selected on the same team, crash bugs, save data deletion, and controller compatibility issues.

UMVC3 had an issue that would let you win a game by KOing two characters rather than three.

If you want to go back to less modern fighters, you better bring a shovel to dig up all the issues the old stuff had.

New iterations bringing new bugs, even catastrophic ones, is not something unique to KI. KI just gets new patches more often.

3 Likes

Interesting issue, however I’ve always had an issue (as Sadira) when doing a cross up after an air juggle, where it reverts her attacks to the original position versus the new position of my target. I start a juggle on the left, the target flies over to the right. I use --> + HK for Fang, and she does it facing Left. This also happens when performing a neutral HK, it will often face the wrong direction.

This has been a problem since S2. It doesn’t happen all the time, but it is very annoying when it does.

Tried playing today and the bug is unbearable cross up are what everyone in ranked is doing and i don’t wanna learn bad habits

1 Like

So there are tons of Sadiraites in Ranked now?

I am the same way though. I never learn bug tech because it WILL get patched. Makes no sense. I just play Sadira the way I’ve always played her.

2 Likes

I thought this reverse input bug was affecting just Aria when I heard of it, but after experiencing it myself today in the KI Proleague against UA Kalypso…I blocked all of his web mixups correctly however the game didn’t feel the same… :’(

2 Likes

Between the lag and the constant combo drops the disconnects and input reversals your damn right this game is busted all this nonsense about you guys saying just deal with it in competitive play is ridiculous we shouldn’t have to deal with it the devs should fix it I personally didn’t want to pay for a broken game but for the people this does affect right now it is broken or unplayable however you want to look at it but I think that we can all agree that we don’t play this game to lose and with all that’s going on in KI right now that’s exactly whats happening and with my experience with s1 was a blast I didn’t have any of those problems that some of you were talking about I love s1 still do it’s in the other Xbox not hooked up to the Internet I sit back and I look at what we got when iron galaxy took over I feel like some of the stuff they changed was cool but some of it was completely unnecessary why couldn’t they have just built on top of what we already had just hope this gets fixed soon or we get some kind of info instead of being left in the dark.

1 Like