How many " mains " most of you keep?

I got smoked by a couple of cinders no pun yesterday. One was ranked killer with a number of stars I think once I was in the air I never touched the ground again unless I was blowing up

You would think, but honestly, used with reckless abandon, it can cost you. What you may not know is it doesn’t have the same level of move priority as other specials in the game like Jago’s Wind Kick, Glacius’ cold shoulder, etc., because of it’s unique properties, as well as the grounded versions leave you at a whopping -9 on block, easily punishable once the opponent understands how you play.

To understand, a Jago player mashing cr.lp actually has a chance (a very good one) to knock Cinder out of the attack without even thinking about it. And even when a Jago player throws out a fireball and you use Trailblazer to fly over the fireball, you fall into the same trap any Ryu player is setting up and you’ll likely get Dragon Punched out of the air. It’s all about judging the situation, distance and timing are king.

You aren’t kidding, they don’t function like normal fireballs, which is both good and bad. Used directly in front of the opponent, you’re basically doing an attack that has no attack to it (kinda), and it’s a slightly long animation they can punish. Used from a distance though, you get a really cool situations, sticking them with pyrobombs to control the situation and make sure they don’t want to counterattack or take risks, or a personal hidden favorite, countering their fireball with a bigger one with a MASSIVE explosive box for unblockable 15-20% damage.

He excels at juggle combos, but watch them enough, you’ll learn how to break them.

it’s strange that there are so many mentions of Riptor. My Raptor will gladly kill your Raptor in a friendly encounter if you tell me how to find you in the Xbox or in Steam.

1 Like