HELP IG this is doing my head in

Well it was a recent update, but there was a visually impaired forum user who requested exactly this as it was a major flaw in the system for him. And I imagine for those who cannot see well it’s not just about your offense, sure you know when you blow out your KV through practice and what not, but if your opponent is juggling you or, you’re getting reset I imagine it makes quite a difference to know they have blown out their combo or not.

The audio is quite good in this game and I’m glad that IG even looks out to insure that even minority groups of people are able to enjoy the game.

2 Likes

When I get a lockout I seriously don’t even look at my own character and instead look ONLY at the KV meter to make sure I maximize it as best I can.

I don’t know how you can play this game without looking at that meter at least some of the time.

2 Likes

Lol i dont mostly. I can gauge what stregths do what .
Yes of course i use it but not the majority of the time.

I don’t know why I didn’t discover this thread before. Or maybe I replied to it and forgot about it. Either way:

I specifically raised the addition of audio cues as a suggestion back in S2. Little did I know that it would actually be put into the game. At least you can now turn it down if you don’t need it, though I believe that leaving it all the way down by default might discourage some VI players who don’t want to play around with the options from fully picking up the game. Maybe that’s just me.

I personally have just got used to the sound, I mean at least it feels maybe slightly better than before (I didn’t mind the other one either though). I believe those suggesting the option for multiple sounds are right, as then that allows for customisation and preference.

2 Likes

I must say now i know what it is… im less offended.

Glad to hear it, it’s an idea that most people have seemingly become accustomed to anyway.

1 Like

I was an avid hater of the previous “xylophone” sound (it sounded like I was always beating up on Fulgore), but I actually like the bass drum sound. Even once the option comes to turn it down, I don’t think I will. I find I’ve grown to like it.

1 Like

At a moderate volume, I find it rather helpful. Especially as Hisako.

1 Like

The fact I forgot there was a sound, lets me know I’ve mastered the KV Meter. :slight_smile:

It was actually a really good idea imo. I think they should add more sound FX and maybe a mixer in the options menu.

1 Like

I don’t necessarily think there should be more sounds, but I agree you should be able to adjust individual UI elements (instinct, kv, shadow, etc) and maybe change the sound depending on preference. I’ve been talking with the audio director, throwing a few suggestions from experience to at least let them know that as good as the game is, like anything, there can be more adjustments/tweaks.

1 Like

Maybe threaten him subtlety? Hahaha

Jokes