Guess what happens if you report someone

I will go with Gokus example.
“I wanna fight you at your full potential”

I dont even feel good if I see my opponent is upset.
I even give tips (only some cause Im still new) dutring the match through the mic to make the match more interesting
if it is too easy.
I know i said tbag bothers me and that i would use it as a strategy.

But no. I will just do my thing.

(I still believe we can make the community better)

1 Like

Course we can. The smallest thing is to send a person Gg’s, we even have a thread for it. If someone is cool, I will send them a message describing what they did well and what to improve on. If I noticed they are flustered, I give them an incentive to learn by acknowledging what they clearly worked on. We cannot eliminate a function in all of gaming, but we can add a positive that makes losing less bitter, right?

I have yet to see anyone “supporting” teabagging. There’s a big difference between saying something is not criminal and “supporting” it. Plus, you don’t know who’s flagging any flagged post. So arguing with people who don’t exist about something you don’t know seems unlikely to be productive.

7 Likes

Problem with that is what is acceptable and what is not. That is what I think is weak. I get taunted and that is ok, but I say " I will spank you like I did your mom" and everyone freaks out. Sleeping woth someone’s mom is also a classic taught. People can’t have it both ways.

If people really want to talk crap, then let’s talk some crap. Otherwise just play the game with some class.

There is always some sort of double standard when it comes to this type of thing.

If upsetting people is a strategy, then I am one of the most strategic people that I know of.

Actually, I agree with this completely. The issue is engorcement. So, for example, Xbox live has rules about profanity, racial slurs and sexual harassment. For the most part this stuff is easy to identify and then take the appropriate action. Teabagging is ephemeral. You can try to ban it but then you have to have a uniform definition. Is tapping down repeatedly from across the screen okay or not? Do you have to be in the guy’s face? How many taps are ok? Etc.

The point, for me, is not that teabagging is ok. Teabagging isn’t okay. It’s dumb and juvenile and this isn’t the art of war, it’s a friendly competition. But trying to enforce a “no teabagging” rule is impossible and will cause more trouble than just letting it go.

2 Likes

You agreed with something of mine? Now I will need to print and frame that :laughing:

I can tell you that the more I think about, the more I like the idea of just referring to myself as a strategist from now on instead of an ■■■■■■■ or jerk.

I can’t wait to tell my wife " I am not a jerk, I am a strategist". I would type her response but it would just be blocked out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is nothing you can do about tea bagging… it is what it is…I cant stand it but Im not gonna lie…I tea bag em right back if they act a fool. If they tea bag, excessive taunt cancel, 2x ultra or quit playing…Im gonna tea bag them back. Not every time. just depends on how I feel. But I never tea bag for the hell of it as a strategy. The only thing I do strategically to try and get under my opponents skin is to style my ultra ender with the Orda shield and a taunt underneath. Sometimes it works and some times it doesnt.

Not sure why everyone is arguing over tea bagging and if its ok to report them. Yes it is ok to report someone if they are unsportsmanlike like. Thats the reason it is there. If you play someone online and they act “unsportsmanlike” then you can report them. Its that simple. Doesn’t mean anything will happen. But tea bagging is unsportsmanlike like.

Or better yet instead of reporting them just send them a message and nicely ask them “why do you feel the need to tea bag?”. Most likely they will respond with something juvenile and defensive. then you can report them.

3 Likes