Guess what happens if you report someone

I wasn’t referring to moving back and forth, I was referring to that thing where you center your character over a downed opponent so that they bug out and start swapping sides repeatedly.

1 Like

Oh I’ve always found that funny. Espiecally Riptor’s :yum:

2 Likes

Yeah. That’s a movie. And a comedy at that.
And you’re right. Alot of people who do it are childish. But guess what I’m not going to waste time punching a kid in the face.

4 Likes

A couple of my favourites are ending Hisako’s Ultra right when her back is facing the camera, resulting in a reverse Hisako you can dash around the stage with (I’m hoping nobody was thinking I was mooning them or anything, it’s just a fun little, uh, “bug” I guess?) and dash cancel victory dance with Maya, because, wheee!

Also I love the noise Shinsako’s back dash makes, that “Shing! Shing! Shing!”

I pretty much back dash with all characters after a round, come to think of it. :thinking:

1 Like

I may not use Hisako, but I get what you’re saying. I love the way Arby does a little hop everytime he backdashes, Glacius with his figure skates and Aganos…nuff said.

Don’t get me wrong, there are some kids that I would love to hit in the mouth. Now you need to be an adult with kids to really understand why. Now I would love to do what they did in the movie, but I would be doing that to their parents. When a kid is a d-bag, it is the fault of the parents. Not the kid. My kids and my friends kids know how to speak to adults and how to act online. They understand that just because it is a video game, doesn’t mean it is a free pass to be a jerk.

2 Likes

So if theres any ufc fans out there here is “Thug” Rose’s post fight speech from saturday night after she won the title. I feel this applies to the fgc just as much as martial arts and its currently how I approach KI as well.

"In mixed martial arts, there’s just been a lot of trash talking. People aren’t really being true to themselves or honest,” "Maybe that’s just what they feel they need to do to entertain, but I’m kind of sick of it. I’m sick of all the hate and anger. I feel like we have a duty as fighters to try and be a better example,” she added.
"Martial arts is about honor and respect. You know? It takes a lot of courage to get in that cage no matter who you are. So I just want to try and set an example in that way. Just with the rest of the world, too. I think there’s a lot of negativity everywhere you look. It’s just negativity all the time. I’m just trying to be that positive light as much as possible. I’m not perfect, either. But maybe we’ll figure out how to make this world a better place,”

Shine bright and fight on friends and maybe we can make KI a better game.

1 Like

They mean over someones body back and forth. Not far away when you are doing the footsy dance.

Yea I got that earlier. Thanks for the clarification however

I would like to second this comment. The issue with becoming more sensitive to offense is typically that people get caught up in the process of thwarting injustices to where once problem A is snuffed out instead of being satisfied they simply move on to perceived injustice B, and so on and so on. Yes some people find taunting and teabagging offensive, but I find it laughably naive to think that if teabagging were removed the people crying about it would stop because the game would be then more “respectable”.
Some other “injustice” would simply take its place.

4 Likes

What is amusing to me is that some of the biggest T-bagging supporters are some of the quickest people to flag a post.

The double standard is what bothers me. It is ok to be a complete jerk as long as it is in the game, but if you say the same thing out loud or type it in a post, then you are a jerk.

Yes it is the person’s right to be a jerk when they play a game. It is my right to walk though the door they just opened and show them what being a jerk is really about. :slight_smile:

It is just shocking that instead of people being respectful players and letting the community grow, they go to great lengths to defend their disrespectful toxic behavior and cause the community to become smaller.

1 Like

There is a big difference between interpreting an in-game gesture as offensive behavior and actually discussing sexually explicit behavior on the forums. If you can’t see the difference between the 2, well I just don’t know what to tell you.

You can’t be explicit on the fourms. The words you would need are boxed out. I have seen quite a few posts that got flagged because someone assumed.

If I had a bag of nuts in my hand, and asked the women behind me “would you hold my nuts” which ones am I talking about?

You could assume that i am being rude, but you really don’t know.

In real-life conversations, body language would speak volumes. However rephrasing the question to “Could you hold this for a second?” would avoid that situation altogether.

On the forums, you cam most certainly discuss explicit behavior while avoiding he censorship. The words “head” and “give” don’t trigger censorship, but…

1 Like

Completely agree. You have to be careful what you write on any forum because nobody can see you. All we see are your words and if those words are conveyed incorrectly, one can assume anything.

This is why a lot of us write Kappa after a seemingly serious or crazy post, because we want to make sure that it is in context. In Kappa’s case… a joke.

All in all, it’s Forum Etiquette 101

1 Like

My statement above is my point. That statement is exactly like the T-bag. You don’t know what “nuts” I am talking about, just like I don’t know if someone is “t-bagging” or getting ready for me to stand so they can do a move.

Now I will use the T-bag logic. Why should I worry about how others would react to the post, when there is nothing offensive in it? It is not my fault that someone could take what I say the wrong way. The person with the dirty mind has the problem, not me.

@SoSRaGnArOk
As far as “Fourm Etiquette 101” goes, I could say the same things about “Video Game Etiquette 101”. In video games, you are still in contact withdrawal another person and should show some respect. Most people know what is respectful and what isn’t. They just want to use video games as an excuse to be a jerk.

talkin about explicit situations on the forums whether humorous or not gets you flagged. you dont have to cuss either.

as for the game, toxic behavior is everywhere no matter what game youre playing so get used to it. let em do their little tea bags and other BS, its a ploy to make you lose focus.

it does get tiresome though, that i will admit and why my hiatus has gotten extended. night of my comeback i had a few quitters puttin controller down, rage quits, teabaggers, taunt spammers. whooped all their bitchb asssess and called it

1 Like

I see this type of behavior in ALL competitive sports though. Have you ever watched a boxing match or watched a UFC fight? There’s a LOT of taunting and bad mouthing before a match itself. It’s a part of the event. This type of behavior goes back thousands of years, even to ancient wars. It’s psychological warfare.

While I’m sure there are some jerks out there that taunt and tea-bag just to be horrible people, a lot do it, just to get under your skin. They want you to get angry and lose focus. If you do, then they win.

In a perfect would everybody would show good sportsmanship, but the reality it is, that isn’t going to happen.

From The Art of War itself:
“If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him.”
“supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy’s resistance without fighting.”

6 Likes

From Rocky, “Yo, Adrian!”

…gets me every time

Yup, one of the greatest was a massive taunter.

Others have followed in Ali’s footsteps by using psychological warfare to not only irritate the opponent, essentially breaking their iron guard (focus), but to assert themselves as the aggressor and dominate the match by making the opponent break their gameplan, approach carelessly and expose critical weaknesses. What happens then you might ask?

You get bullied.

Point is, if it works - then there is reason for it. It may seem like it is ill-intended (which usually always is), but it certainly is a means to break an opponent. Just like any real fight in life there are no rules. Win by any means.

1 Like