Guess what happens if you report someone

If you cant beat them, join them. Will do it till I git gud.

ā€¦I donā€™t know what to say anymore.

I donā€™t get where youā€™re getting this all from. We donā€™t promote this type of behavior yet you seem to be taking that message. All we are saying is to not take it like an extreme action.

2 Likes

Now youā€™re just being salty for not getting your wayā€¦

Rollign your eyes, scoffing, flipping your boss off, grabbing your crotch and doing the DX crotch motionā€¦ tea baggingā€¦ you are right its all just motions and it effects people.
The list goes on and onā€¦

3 Likes

Good advice.

@MikeAtzem

Believe me, I outright despise tea-bagging, and I never taunt . Because I expect a good fight from my opponent.

However I agree with @oTigerSpirit @FallibleJoker14 and @FinchoMatic and even @Iago407 This stuff does exist, even if we donā€™t like it. The best thing to do is to try and not let it get to you. Yes it is difficult and even I had moments where I wanted to just torture my opponent with a long winded ultra or an ultimate to show them how I respond to that.

Itā€™s like I told my brother it is a matter of how you deal with it.

That much I agree with. heck to show I donā€™t Teabag I just back off from my opponent as a sign that I will not do anymore harm, adn as a sign of respect.

To simple you. the worlds full of A-holes. Best thing to do is not become one.

2 Likes

Yeah, I do that too. If you play my terrible shadow of Sadira sometime and she somehow manages to take a round from you, usually sheā€™ll back away and duck as a sign of respect. Not sure thatā€™s how people take it, but thatā€™s how I mean it, like ā€œokay, Iā€™m not going to attack you now and Iā€™ll give you space since the roundā€™s over.ā€ Probably not the best strategy, but still.

PM me, OP. We can coordinate some sparring. I suck AND I donā€™t teabag! :sunglasses:

I usually add my salt to my fried potatoes. I think Iā€™m gonna make some tonight!

1 Like

Full disclosure: I didnā€™t read the thread. Itā€™s just a T&T dupe.

Play sets. Problem solved.

3 Likes

Didnā€™t defend it. More that I donā€™t care about it and you shouldnā€™t let it bother you. Getting mad at someone Iā€™m probably never going to meet pressing up and down us silly and a waste of energy.

Like i told the other guy my point is donā€™t let it bother you. If you want to start doing it to other people then whatever.

6 Likes

I would encourage anyone who feels insulted by teabagging to try to explain why does it matters to you to a familiar, like a father/mother/granmother

Gamer: Grandpa Iā€™m super mad
Grandpa: How is it my boy? What happened?
Gamer: I was playing a videogame online against someone I donā€™t know, and when he won me, he pressed a button several times, sitting over me
Grandpa: ā€¦ Andā€¦?
Gamer: He was teabagging me! Itā€™s like putting his ā– ā– ā–  in my face!
Grandpa: ā€¦ In a videogameā€¦ about what?
Gamer: Itā€™s a fighting videogame
Grandpa: I seeā€¦So you are mad because you lost and someone bragged about it?
Gamer: Yes!
Grandpa: ā€¦ You should grown a thicker skin boy, world is going to eat you when you face a real problemā€¦

7 Likes

So you say it is a Problem. When i see problems i try to solve them. But i guess noone want to solve it so we are just gonna live with it.

Thats what im trying to say. Everyone thinks that this is not good but noone does anything about it.

Itā€™s only a problem if you let it be. Unless you can some how go to every person who teabags house and punch them in the face( which would be an extremely petty waste of time) itā€™s better to not let it bother you in the 1st place.

Youā€™re new to fighters. But troll tactics will happen in any fighter or competitive game. Simply do not feed the troll.

1 Like

You got one point there.

Always remember the whole reason they are teabagging is to get under your skin and make you think less about the fight. Generally the people that teabag me are those that Iā€™m really annoying and so if they get any upper hand, they let me know about it.

1 Like

Just want to say that there are many problems in the world that either a) cannot be fixed. b) cannot be fixed due to limitations. Or c) not meaningful enough to start looking for resolutions ASAP.

Bad example here, but what if a fly was buzzing in your house and you were annoyed. Instead of swatting it and moving on with life you become so obsessed with this fly that make a grand effort trying to destroy the fly and any other flies who might come. You end up living in a quarantine zone. An irrational solution to a meaningless problem

I personally donā€™t see this as a problem (probably because most people I meet are nice) but I feel if you really believed it was a problem, I would fall under the c category

This

1 Like

Not all cases of teabagging and or taunting are due to malicious intent, friends of mine teabag because they think it looks funny and itā€™s mostly in good natured fun, though I refrain from doing so because Iā€™m not as amused and I know the effect it could have on people like the OP. Taunting I think could easily be taken out of context though, I taunt mostly because I like to role play as the character Iā€™m using and taunt in a spot that would be hype or appropriate for the character or situation i.e eyedol club smash after round, however I could understand how excessive taunting can get under someoneā€™s skin. I just hope this sheds some light on the fact that not all people do these things to purposefully get to you or make you have a bad time and that ultimately everyone is playing the game to have fun.

3 Likes

i too have never had an issue with taunts if done at the right moment. end of a life bar one timeā€¦ or end of a hype match. I do this often.
But excessive taunt cancels to me are just as bad a tea bagging. Its super annoying and send a message to get under the opponents skin or put them down.

I only do this in retaliation of it being done to meā€¦ not all the time thoughā€¦sometime i do nothing to show them it doesnt bother me.

Most people it only bothers them if they are LOOSINGā€¦ those on here that it doesnt bother are ones that rarely loose so they dont experience it as often.
New players experience this prob 90% of their matches online on a bad day.

how you do it isnā€™t the factor in strategy.

I got tea bagged in a riptor mirror match and I put the dino foot print on his butt

2 Likes

But most people see that as a Problem. And everyones reply is exactly the same.
To some this may be nothing to other this may be a reason to unistall. I would love to have more than three person to play every time I go ranked (there are like only 3-4 players that i got matched with AT My timezone) In Europe almost noone plays the game. Europeans dont have a thick skin? I dunno but this make people dont want to play (generally in Fighters i guess) and thats why its only the hardcore fans that keep playing. I literally see the same people on streams too(and here I mean the viewers).
Its only a Problem if you let it be.
But sometimes IT is a Problem and even if its a small one it can make a difference.
And im talking about fighters in general.
I apreciate your time.