Guess what happens if you report someone

But you fall to their level. Is this not what you say?" The game was meant to be fun"<- Think about it.
Maybe your idea of “fun” is somehow different. And thats ok with me.

Do I teabag every one I beat? No. Do I needlessly flaunt my victory? No. Do I return the favor if provoked? At times, yes. I try to be a respectful person online. I want this community to grow just as much as you. We just need to know what is attractive to newcomers and what is not. I agree that some may have an idea of fun that o lt benefits them. That’s just being selfish. You can’t change that

1 Like

I don’t find taunting or teabagging annoying. I find them amusing.

People do them because you (generic you ) care about it and affects you.

The answer is not caring about it. Nothing else

1 Like

you just get me wrong so I will stop.

PM me. Maybe you can explain clearly there

No, I said sometimes/in certain game modes it/they suck.

Out of interest, what would you do about it?

Ban , Low Priority , Removing Ultra, Ultimate and Taunt, Taking points away.
Everything for an amount of time that will every time will increase.
I dunno. An Icon next to the name?. There are so many ways man.
I know its crazy. But if IG wanted to have a better community then they would do something about it.

THE OTHER thing is… Many will give up KI if they start punish those people.
And I already wait too long to find an opponent.
So. “it is the way it is”

Nah, none of those would work I’m afraid, people don’t like unnecessary restrictions and that just stinks of unnecessary restrictions. If someone took offence to the way you played and reported you, would you enjoy the restriction of not being able to perform an Ultimate, or having an icon next to your name?

Unless someone has been verbally abusive or making threats, these are not appropriate punishments and are way overboard as a discouragement for taunting, teabagging and Ultraing.

I mean, 2 out of 3 of the things you listed (taunts, ultras) are game features and the third is pressing down on the d-pad. You must see how ridiculously over the top this is as a solution, right?

5 Likes

Removing Ultras and Ultimates, the things that define KI to many people? Really?

2 Likes

I think alot of the rude/childish behavior is due to the fact that KI is Free to Play. I reason I believe this is because I also play a few other fighting games. I play Tekken, MK, Injustice 2, and SF. I can play those games online for hours, and not see any disrespectful game play or nasty messages. In KI it takes less than 10 min.

Reporting does work. It can take then a while to look into it.

2 Likes

For a period of time. Yes. And only on online matches.

Just watched some other games on twich for hours and I understood that KI has the most toxic players.
I guess I’m in the wrong neighborhood.
There is ALWAYS a solution. My solution might not be the best or even good but there is a solution.
Sad thing is that no-one wants to change things.

And the best solution is to simply not let it bug you. Requires no effort from anyone but yourself and everyone is happy, especially you because you’ll get to enjoy games and no one can spoil them for you.

3 Likes

If you let someone pressing up and down bother you then that’s your problem. People do it if it’s clearly affecting you. Or in some cases they do it just messing around. I can name more than a few ppl that do it and they aren’t doing it out of spite. In the case of taunting…they might just like the taunt. I use to taunt in mvc with Akuma just because his taunt was badass.

Either way there’s always going to be people that do it. And no it’s not going to bring the community down or anything since the people that do it are mostly in the minority.

2 Likes

Defending disrespectful behavior because “you are just pressing down” is a weak defense. That would be like me typing something horrible in this post, and defending by saying “it is not rude because I didn’t say it out loud to your face”. How about giving the finger? It is just a finger after all. It is not like your bones break when someone does it.
I have a whole list that I could type using that same logic that you are using to defend it, but I wont.

The problem is what it is implying. That is what people don’t like. The real amusing thing is that I would get flagged for explaining what it is, but somehow it is ok to do in the game.

Just because you can do it, that doesn’t make it right.

1 Like

You are wrong on so many levels. But its ok. It is hopeless. Everyone has an opinion.

To end this. Lets say that im wrong and you are right. Im a newcomer after all. I dont know ■■■■ about games.(cause its a game)

Please I dont want another one say "ist Part of the game"
I got it. Tbag ftw

Moving your character in a virtual game and attacking someone personally are two very different things.

That’s true it is his opinion. We don’t disagree with you because you’re a newcomer, I’m relatively new to the forums as well and people don’t disagree with me just because I’m new. It’s just that your opinion is very different from most of our understandings however. Doesn’t make it wrong, just a different view.

2 Likes

Its ok i will just press down on every face that i knock down.Ist a strategy now. Its just pressing down anyway.

Joining the scumbags does not solve anything. It just makes you one as well.

3 Likes

You’re new to fighting games but I’m sure you’re not new to gaming in general.

Mario Kart:
Blue Shell or Lightning. Not when they first pick up the item though, specifically when it’s going to drop you into a pit and push you back even further.

Mario Party:
Stealing your coins right before a star space or just stealing your star instead of from the CPU.

Smash Bros:
Sitting back at Samus and shooting charge shots only at the other player rather than the CPU and taunting when there is no action.

There’s actions in games that are not spiteful but have an effect on the opponent both in game and out of game. There are some things people just have to let go…

Think of people that taunt and t-bag as behaving like this and it really won’t bother you anymore lol…

Dang the gif didn’t work…

2 Likes