Giant Caterpillar

Is this giant caterpillar cool, neat, awesome, amazing, rad, gnarly, or what? :smiley: :grinning: :sunglasses:

Thats an intrestinc looking insect.

1 Like

That’s cringe worthy. I’m not particularly scared of bugs or creepy crawlies (unless they’re known to be venomous) but… Squish it! Kill it! Smash it! Burn it with fire!

I don’t consider it something that should be killed. Even if people don’t like bugs its not a good enough reason to be killing them unless they pose a great threat to you. like Mosquitoes. If there is one animal type we should be afraid of, it’s the parasitic kind. Those things actually want to eat you.

2 Likes

Yeah I’d agree with you about the parasites… I don’t like snakes either… But still, don’t lock me in a room with that thing. I’d probably climb the wall like a sissy girl lol

If I saw this caterpillar in my house,

3 Likes

Bugs are cool, but I have a phobia of them. Mainly the stingy ones.

…and palmetto bugs… (Giant, Flying roaches that come through your window and steal your kids.)

1 Like

I love snakes personally. they are my favorite animals of all. I don’t like bees or wasps, but I know they are necessary for the ecosystem.

I don’t want to be near one. I was already stung by a bee once (one thing I tried to avoid)

Wow the spines on that thing is crazy! I wonder if the butterfly that it turns into will look as dank looking as that.

Some kinda heavy metal death butterfly! Lmao

1 Like

Is going to be a moth or butterfly. I’ve only seen giant moths so far.

1 Like

@HailFireSpawn @VergoVan @GeneralScrebor @ZDhome @Jeffron27 @PVT1AORyanBay @KIFANATIC8488

Folks, this caterpillar is called the Hickory Horned Devil. This caterpillar also turns into this moth
known as the Regal moth

6 Likes

That’s a badass looking caterpillar!

If I followed that logic I’d kill every mongoose I saw XD simply cause I don’t like em’ I’m sure the only reason it looks like that is because it’s a big one, so a bird would just LOVE to eat them. If it we’ren’t for those spines that little thing would already be extinct I bet.

Everything looks freaky in the wild for a reason. Lol

1 Like

Atlas Moth is a large bug to.
Larva stage:

Adult stage:

3 Likes

Who said anything about logic? Geez it’s a joke dude. I’m not going to burn the gross little thing. Its over kill for the sake of being funny, OK? It’s a joke, meant to highlight the simple fact that I find it creepy.

Well I want you all to know, that I LOVE, absolutely LOOOVE… Spiders and I think they are adorable. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Duely noted

How could you not like mongoose? They are badass snake hunting critters. Super smart too

1 Like

He actually loves snakes and mongoosi eat snakes, hence the scorn. :slight_smile:

Aaah that makes more sense now

We don’t like mongooses because of the fact that they hunt and kill snakes. That being said, mongooses are still necessary to the ecosystem.