Gender locked classes in mmos

What do you think about gender locked classes in mmos? Personally it is a little annoying mainly because I play as a male.

1 Like

It sucks for customization purposes, but otherwise, I really don’t give a crap.

2 Likes

This is one of my pet peeves and it’s one of the reasons I don’t play certain MMO’s.

Tera is the prime example of this.

1 Like

Yeah, exactly. And not only gender-locked, but also race-locked. Like the Gunner, for example, which is female only and only for the Elves and Castanics. Not to mention the Reaper class looks really cool in gameplay (it’s like playing Kratos from God of War), but I absolutely hate the loli-race…

And with Black Desert you’re even locked into a certain type of character as well.

It’s just not my thing. I prefer to play the race I want, in the gender I want, with the class I want.

That’s why the only MMO I am playing lately is Final Fantasy XIV. :heart:
I’ve played MMO’s since World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, but since WoW: Cataclysm, I left WoW and tried to find a good replacement. So far, FFXIV is the best one, imo.

I am looking forward to the Assassin class in Revelation Online though, so might try that out. But like most Free-to-play MMO’s, it’s full of goldspammers and bots, and the quality of the game is just not up to par with those that are subscription based.

1 Like

Yeah I see where your coming from but my thing is gender locked classes are usually made in the east and as always we gotta have a cute girl class or race and with the Elin gunner coming in November 30 it doesn’t help the case however male brawler is coming to Tera which brings some hope to the game for male players I still play it but I only see Elins and that’s pretty much it.

Literally, the only reason I play the loli race is because I wanted to be a fricken ninja.

Same it’s the only reason for me as well.