Gears 4 feb maps

so the new feb maps are: IMPACT DARK and WAR MACHINE.
first i thought this was a joke. but its true. :neutral_face:
impact dark is a gears 4 launch map, but now in the dark.
War machine is another gears 1 map.
this is very dissapointing to me.
I was hoping with the season pass we get new maps but noooo.
I can only hope for the future but as for now gears 4 is a let down.
its sad it came to thisā€¦

Gears 4 is just boring. I want to see where are those streamers that said this game was better than GoW3, they probably stopped playing it by now. I thought this game was going to be my main game the noment it was out but Iā€™m back to KI as a main game (despite liking it ,having a fighter as main game stress me in some way because a fighter demands a different work and focus).

The last maps were ok, we know them and they are nicely done. However GoW3 maps work great for THAT game. I donā€™t mind Gow4 having its own maps. Why would I like Mercy for a gnasher battle that are so boring to play in this version? Evading sucks in this game and playing kamikazee/Rambo is really bad idea. You can outsmart someone but controls are dumbed down to a point you wonā€™t be able to do much in a CQC battle vs 2+ (unless they are really amateur and they may kill you with core tunning or maybe because your movement is godlike plus some sponging happening).

Also Gears again relies a LOT on connection. The game running so smooth is lovely but it tricks you a lot and you think you arenā€™t lagging but you are. So you get this situation where a guy just walk / run into you and you aim almost putting the shotgun in their mouths and they WONā€™T DIE!!.
The guys with good connection blame the ones with not good connections while the laggers get destroyed by people playing in ā€œreal timeā€ (please, Iā€™ve played with high ping and thereā€™s really not much you can do against someone playing in real time and moving hyper accelerated un this game. If they donā€™t believe me go and play over 200+ MS , itā€™s a bad experience, specially versus GOOD players, when you are just doomed). I think the better the ping is like being the host, but until 50 ms you can play ok.

Forget about a competitive scene in South America. They only thought about mexican players (who would even choose US servers in GBs because they work for them but we ,far away, lag a hell). If at least South America was able to manualy choose they own server for GBs butā€¦Not even that. That doesnā€™t help the competitive scene to grow. However I donā€™t care much since Iā€™m out of it and just play the game to have fun.
The only problem is: Iā€™m not having fun =|

This along with some unfairness of the gaming experience (for me or for the player on the other side) made me start leaving the game and not caring. I love the saga and I may play once in a while but Iā€™m not even close to the passion I used to feel for it.

1 Like

Eh. I only play and enjoy Horde mode. I canā€™t help but feel slightly bad for the folks that bought the Season Pass because that feels like a rip-off to me.

1 Like

Ah the dark map. I seriously need to know how that meeting went.

ā€œOk guys, we need new map ideas.ā€
ā€œHow about, we take one of the already existing mapsā€¦ but make it night time???ā€
ā€œBrilliant!!!ā€

1 Like

it is really sad how TC threats there community with that season pass. its really a rip of.
So dissapointed.
promisses new maps with the season pass. OMG.
Donā€™t know exactly but what do we have; 2 new maps and 6 remakes? and 1 remake in the Original maps???
this is ā€¦ :disappointed:

Iā€™m not philosophically opposed to season passes, but the Gears 4 one didnā€™t make much sense to me. You get to keep maps you already have for private server play while new maps rotate in for everyone on public servers. Huh?

I play for the coop campaign and have been known to enjoy Horde mode in the past. I havenā€™t tried it yet for Gears 4ā€¦

Horde is probably the only GREAT thing about this installment. Campaign was good, but nothing we arenā€™t accustomed to by now.

As for the Season Pass, it was almost worthless until the Series 2 packs were given to all pass owners, assuming this is the trend, than maybe not all that bad. Still, the whole map fiasco was bogus.

As a whole, this Gears was utterly disappointing. MS certainly forced their hand on MTs just like Halo 5 did. I think Iā€™m going to pass up the next installment for sure.