Gargos, you're one ugly mo-fo

I’m not looking forward to Kim and Tusk, two of the most generic character designs in the history of gaming but hey some people are so I’m exited for their return. lol

I get the feeling that Tusk isn’t going to be what people expect at all.

You can taste the salt a little even now if you close your eyes and focus.

5 Likes

I just want a big double-handed sword with crazy range held by a young blond tattooed warrior in a cotton thong and mammoth skin boots. Nothing to fear. Can’t go wrong. … …right?

2 Likes

You forget one more thing about Tusk…

Tusk with cool beard!

I did up a pic of what I think Gargos could be like but yeah I wonder what the devs will actually do.

9 Likes

Ooh, I love the choice of colors in that image. :slight_smile:

1 Like

One thin people should take a pager from and one thin I have learned when I saw Riptor and Fulgore’s new looks when Cinder came out: NEVER EXPECT THEM TO LOOK HOW YOU VISUALIZED.

I think if the tusk and Kim fans understood this and keep their mind open it won’t be so hard to take it in. Also: instead of looking for things that Kim and Tusk DON’T have in common with their old looks. They should look at what they DO have in common with their old looks in the first place.

They need to think about their trademark parts of their appearance and see what sticks out in the new look.

Everyone we’ll have to do the exact same for Gargos and all returning characters. That is how you cope with a new character look.

I admit there’s a part of me that’s telling me not to expect that to be Gargo’s look. I admit that it seems convincing with Jago’s Tiger spirit, and Omen’s move and Shago’s move and so on, but admittedly IG and MS may just throw us a curve-ball on this one to.

Like I said, don’t fall in love with anything visual yet. Stay open minded and look for what the new has in common with the old.

Yea but theres also a hisako chibi in profile icon extras
This icon doesnt equal his model

Its a funny image. Still I expect Gargos to be one heck of a monster.

3 Likes

People jumping to some hilarious conclusions in here…

It’s just a stupid profile icon…I doubt the actual boss character will look anything like that (except for the horns). Im sure S3 Gargos will be very large and badass don’t worry.

As much as I completely loathe Aganos, I would love Gargos to be as large as Aganos in terms of relation to the size of the Main Characters

Yeah, I think people are in for a rude awakening. There’s very little you can do to make a back story for a modern character that gives you anything resembling Tusk. Even if you go the “actor gone crazy” route it’s still going to make people crazy. And I just don’t know how you give a guy a big old claymore and a story that makes sense in KI 2013.

I love Tusk from KI2, and I’d love to see him return. But he IS Conan the Barbarian. I just don’t expect to see that in this game.

Back on topic, I don’t know if Gargos is going to look like any of the pseudo-depictions in the game already. Certainly they haven’t felt too restricted by previously released art (silhouettes etc.) when working on other characters. But I’m just hoping they do SOMETHING with him besides the stupid purple Gargoyle from KI2.

1 Like

This is an absolutely perfect look for Gargos. Influences from Old World demons abound, bits of tiger-like anatomy, and a menacing presence…
I wouldn’t want it any other way.:heart_eyes:

Much better than the dorky looking one in the Shago taunt in the OP :laughing:

1 Like

Maya as well, but she turned out looking freakin awesome! So I’m expecting just as good redesigns for them as well!

I also don’t think Gargos will have a beard lol or suit.

1 Like

Based on the emblem of his face, I’d say it looks almost like he’s wearing a kimono. :wink:

Oh I can kinda see that now that you mention it lol

Yeah I don’t think Gargos is getting the suit. I thing this was a Pinocchio joke, because Gargos is supposed to be like geppetto