Future of KI characters

What do you think the future of KI will be like for a sequel?

Season 1:
Jago/Shadow Jago
Orchid
Sabrewulf
Glacius
Sadira
Thunder
Spinal
Fulgore

Season 2:
TJ Combo
Maya
Kan-Ra
Riptor
Omen
Aganos
Hisako/Shin Hisako
Cinder
ARIA

Season 3:
Kim Wu
Tusk
Mira
Gargos
Eyedol
Kilgore

Think there will be a trimming of roster
An update of havok engine / unreal / scalebound whatever

More visually appealing character renders rigs

The stages are really very awesome maybe an introduction to opening areas with wall splats like SFV & injustice where you go to another alternate area stage

Lush new super / shadow moves
When the characters activate instinct distinct closeups more like Aria / Eyedol
They actually showed Orchid like this in her trailer- I’d love to see her instinct activation close up like that in-game

1 Like

How about after the events of shadow lords?

Does shadow lords have a definite and canon ending?

If they’re playing it safe, I could imagine them simply subtracting the remix characters along with the guests. That alone is seven characters.

After that, I could see them dropping Gargos and Eyedol if they want to go for a new boss direction (I’d assume Eyedol would go if Gargos went). So that’s nine.

After that, I think you’re probably trimming bone. Take the nine open spots and bring in nine new characters, maybe add a few more if you want some guests or new remixes that haven’t been done already.

Question though is whether to move the story along and maybe change some characters a bit and advance them. Like should Hisako be “Hisako” in the next game or should she be Chiharu and wield the katana? Could Aria get an upgrade? Could Maya be bitten by Mira? What if other story stuff happened that changed characters? Would people be okay with that?

Unfortunately not now.

1 Like

Reminds me of MKX where the characters are either grown, dead/gone, or changed aestheticly.