Fightsticks

Brooks converters are tourny legal and dont add 5 or 8 ms of lag more like 1 :wink: thats why they are number 1 in the fightstick world even there 5 in 1 brooks board is highly reccomended there faster then madcatz pcbs in terms of input lag

1 Like

Yeah Galloping Ghost Arcade is the arcade. Iā€™ve been there plenty of times but they donā€™t have KI or SFV due to lack of interested players.

actually i talked to the owner about that, they used to have a cabinet for the new KI but the owner decided to stop making cabinets for console-only games and instead stay with the mostly retro stuff. THEIR KI 2013 cabinet was the one that got me to invest in a stick of my own. Their joystick setup was so silky smooth, I couldnā€™t imagine playing this game on anything else, and I grew up on pads.

1 Like

I thought there was a major ki wc arcade in Illinois?

Just wanted to point out that controllers vs arcade stick comes down to preference EXCEPT when it comes to double tapping which is extremely harder to do on pad due to the smaller sized buttons.

I double tap 99% of manuals in KI and recommend anyone who doesnā€™t already do it learn it.

1 Like

I didnā€™t know the converters were tournament legal, thanks for letting us know. I do have two brook converters (the Xbox 1 to ps4 and the ps4 to xbox 1) and I certainly donā€™t feel any noticeable input lag, but Iā€™m no pro player so my opinion really doesnā€™t matter. Additionally, Iā€™ve read/heard some people saying they do feel some input lag, perhaps it depends on the controllers and adapters they use or something like that.

Since no one really knows the actual input lag on the adapters, some people just prefer to dual mod or buying another stick and forget about it, but it is worth mentioning those people are mostly offline players who are very invested in their games, for most players it wonā€™t make a difference.

The shoryuken forums tech talk section has a brooks section and they been tested infact a brooks employee posts all the time helping people

Dual modding can cost alot unless you can sodder

Highly reccomend the shoryuken forums tech talk section its fightstick bible no best place for info or help might even find a modder in your area whoā€™ll let you use a stick how i got my atrox and got it dual modded had an arcade a block away and had no idea it existed haha

1 Like

Iā€™ve never heard of one. Iā€™ve been trying to look for anything KI related in Illinois but no results sadly.

There has to be a sfv scene or a fighting game scene in some way in Chicago

1 Like

All I know is Smash brothers. Iā€™ve tried looking stuff up and I just donā€™t exactly find those results I need to drive out there. I found something about a KI weekly months ago at Vernon Hills but from what I heard, only four people would show up or around that number.

That is dead by the way. Itā€™s no longer being run.