FGC Blowup thread

:joy::joy: i don’t know what you said big fella.

1 Like

even tweaker dante is confused!

3 Likes

give me the METH now!!! Or I’ll
 I.ll shoot you with a touch of death combo!

2 Likes

hes now using hi-point brand guns, he sold off his old ones for a hit. LOL

1 Like

Not only that, but his all discussion is on point

I was replying to Andy’s post, and not the main topic.

Saying the Capcom community have issues is like saying “water’s wet”. Everybody knows it, nobody knows how to fix it.

Water being wet isn’t a problem to be fixed though.

1 Like

You’re taking this to literal my friend :joy:

I went on a twitter rant because I am upset both with what Capcom is doing, and with people who will try to defend their actions while putting down other companies for far less crimes. That’s all.

By many accounts at E3, the gameplay in MvCI is actually really good, which makes it all the more heartbreaking to me that we get such terrible quality on everything else. They’ve already said they’re gonna use SFV’s netcode, for instance, perhaps the worst modern-day netcode in a fighting game. Close-ups of the characters show a degradation in quality over their work from Marvel 3 6 years ago. The UI is utterly baffling (both in fights and on character select)
 I can’t imagine who designed or approved that stuff. A lot of it looks like something a kid in high school would make for his Photoshop class after lunch break (the character select screen being the worst offender here).

I want to believe that making games, especially with a big company like Marvel breathing down your neck, is really hard. But when their competitors are beating them so thoroughly in every other aspect, it gets tiring, and they actually don’t seem willing or able to improve on the things they can control (I won’t take them to task over the roster, because I think they clearly have no say in that). I want SF and Marvel to succeed, because I love those franchises, so that’s why it’s so disheartening to see what’s going on.

It’s also really puzzling to me why they would release such a terrible downloadable demo. Great idea to release a demo, but just horrible execution on it. You get one shot at a first impression
 why would you squander it on a version of the game that plays and looks worse than what people are playing at E3? Why would you not let people mess around in training mode and force them to beat up bots with 20% health sandwiched between high loading times for poorly built story mode cutscenes? Showing your client base a 6 month old alpha as their first impression is not how you build good faith in your product.

Anyway. The gameplay actually does have me sliiiightly excited for the game, because the “tag anywhere” and stone mechanics seem legitimately new to fighting games, and they look to promote a ton of cool creativity. I just wish I didn’t have to put up with so much other nonsense to get at that. Maybe whatever excitement I have for the game will continue to get sucked dry between now and launch and I won’t end up getting it, I dunno. It’s just a huge bummer.

6 Likes

I know, it’s just for funz. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like
5 Likes

I’m sure any issues with MVC:I will be fixed in its Fighting Game Of The Year 2017 Edition, an award which it’s a shoo-in for.

2 Likes

Don’t be too sure, Tekken 7 and Injustice 2 are more than a threat to MVCI . Heck, Guilty Gear might even have a chance this year.

2 Likes

Well, last year we were saying “surely a game that installed a rootkit in its customers’ PCs (among other objectively bad qualities) isn’t going to win fighting game of the year”, but here we are.

7 Likes

2016 did not have a quite as much competition as 2017, just saying

1 Like

This is so mind boggling. Especially looking at what NRS did with MKX and now Injustice 2. And considering that SFIV’s netcide was actually a big step up from what was industry standard at the time. It’s like they can’t see how big a role good online play has had in the success of that game.

At least they are being consistent. SFV’s UI looks like a Windows Phone home screen that a toddler rearranged by accident.

I think the conversations inside Capcom would probably be really interesting if you were a fly on the wall. It’s seemed pretty clear that their focus and understanding of what is good and bad, what fans want, and what will work in their games has been very far removed from the conversations outside the company. It just kind of makes you wonder what they are trying to do- and if they are failing to achieve it or if they are actually succeeding in implementing their vision, but their vision is not appealing to the audience.

2 Likes

its capcom, they can do no wrong. MvC:I taking fighter of the year will be likely even if its a colossal clusterfuck.

I’m still not quite sure. SFV has left a lot of people with a bad taste in their mouth for a number of different reasons. I’m just saying the nostalgia glasses are starting to fade for more people

youre not wrong there man, but even after sf5 was a complete pile of shitt it didnt matter.

How much money do they win for getting fighting game of the year? None? Then who gives a ■■■■? I’m sure Capcom doesn’t.

There’s a lot of emotion being attached to this discussion - most of which seems to me to be fighting game fans who are mad at Capcom fans, not even Capcom itself. While I can have a lot of empathy for people’s frustration, it isn’t really rational to be so mad that people like Capcom games.