Feeling a Little Slow? Post Here!

Lag - whoever invented it should die. :rage:

And, yeah, I know it wasnā€™t invented. :wink:

ā€¦doesnā€™t make it suck any less, though.

If you suffer from lag issues while playing KI that cost you a match, feel free to vent about it here. Maybe itā€™ll help you feel better. :slight_smile:

As for everyone else whoā€™s lucky enough to not suffer from it? Well, enjoy our horror stories. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I just had a 1st-to-10 set with a really great top 32 player, who was both fun to fight against and, thankfullly, very polite - B3Bo COX. I had no issues with him whatsoever, and even managed to garner 2 wins off of him using Aganos against his Spinal.

What really bothered me was that intermittent lag, or frame-rate stutter, would cost me a few of the matches. I would see an attack that I could combo-break (and weā€™re not talking lights and manuals here - weā€™re talking about mediums, heavies, and spectral manuals), attempt it, and NOT push any buttons after AT ALL, and watch as I would auto-lockout nearly a full second and 2 of B3Boā€™s moves later, where the lockout would register for that current move and not the move where I actually attempted the break. As far as I know, there is no other explanation for this. After it happened once, I tested it, and it happened again at least 3 more times. :frowning:

It was a truly raw deal. Had it not been happening, Iā€™m certain I wouldā€™ve won 2 or 3 more matches. SIGH

Iā€™ll see if I can upload 1 of the matches with the inputs turned on so you can see it for yourself, but I highly doubt it would be accurate because of the lag (which is just so convenientā€¦ :unamused:).

EDIT: Yep, all the replays I need are bunkā€¦ :ā€™(

iā€™ll be honest, whenever I get lag, that usually shows that someone was gonna rage quit on me

1 Like

I donā€™t know whatā€™s the problem with Jagos but they tend to complain about lag when they lose to me. Itā€™s funny because I always complain about them lag switching because it usually happens when Iā€™m having the lead or hitting them. Why on Earth will I lag them when Iā€™m winning??? And BTW, I despise lag myself!! and on the other handā€¦Iā€™M NOT A CHEATER! (whatā€™s my gain by doing this? points? starts?? Iā€™m serious!)

So this guy Iā€™ve faced before, I was suspicious about the lagging, he sent me a message (after turtling the whole match and yolo windkicks) saying ā€œnice lagā€. And I told him I was just going to say the same. Then he got upset saying that I couldnā€™t blame him for that because he was ok, so I answered: Then maybe we had lag peaks for being like 600 miles away?? That was it.

I donā€™t lag switch (I donā€™t even know how to do it). This is what I DO: I donā€™t use net for anything else while playing, I make sure no one else uses it or I wonā€™t play online, I check that the net is stable before playing. Why? because I hate lag over anything else while playing online. But you canā€™t avoid it, specially when playing so far form each other =(
Lag will make me lose more, and thatā€™s not my goal.

1 Like

The only issue I had when playing you in our last match was rollback, I did have evidence at the time to prove it. But, that wasnā€™t ill-intended, itā€™s just because our connection is a great distance away. Still, had the lag been perfect I wouldā€™ve still lost.

Yeah, itā€™s a shame but itā€™s understandable. Iā€™m still happy we can manage to play despite the distance. I have fought with people closer to me, but the internet infrastructure isnā€™t good so we have even more lag (I lag quite much with Brazil, a bit less with Chile and would have ā€œnormalā€ rollback in North America. A huge problem is when you see the characters as a Slideshow. It didnā€™t happened with you.
Right now Iā€™m experiencing packet loss in GoW 4 and the game is practically unplayable. With a team I still managed to win but Iā€™m not enjoying it at all.

I think my ISP is having some issues and that affects me a lot when playing GoW, still is one if not the best provider around here.

My last ping test gave me this grade:

In my region:
*B Very Good! Your connection should work well for any Internet application. Some online games may not perform optimally.

In US (Los Angeles) but in general with USA:
* C Acceptable. Your VoIP quality will suffer some, and you will have dissadvantage in online games.

Have even tested with better connections here in my country with the same ISP, but with better download/upload speed. But never got and A. I wonder if someone here has itā€¦Maybe if they are pretty close to the server, if not I doubt it.

Hmm, never heard of ISPs giving letter grades beforeā€¦

No, thatā€™s just a ping test that recognizes my ISP, I choose the server to have an idea of the connection.