Favorite Character Insult to Backfire?

Yup. U guessed it lol

1 Like

Ggs indeed bro! Always have good matches against you.

1 Like

Fought a Gargos as Shisako. Weā€™re both in danger, heā€™s got me locked down in the corner, goes for tick command grab but instead gets grabbed by my instinct hands. He proceeds to rage about how that was pure luck and it takes no skill for her instinct save herā€¦ meanwhile Iā€™m staring at his minions walking back and forth in the middle of the screen.

4 Likes

I love these remarks tbh.

I was in exhibition.

The guy message me: ā€œMan you must love using cheap characters.ā€

I was losing 7-0

I was using aganos, eyedol, tusk and riptor

I responded:

ā€œI mean youā€™re winning arenā€™t you?ā€

2 Likes

Wow. I thought corner fighting was the go to strategy in all fighting games. I am glad someone took the time to point out that it was cheap :laughing:

1 Like

If it was meā€¦ then we probably played while I was tipsy or drinking. Iā€™ve seen your Sadiraā€¦ not impressed ā€¦ no offense.

I had a match were I was fighting a Jago and I was using Riptor he said to stop using fire and doing openers I couldnā€™t stop laughing;)

Granted, it made more sense before than it does now all considered.

ā€œJago is OP, heā€™s so easy to use!ā€

Iā€™ve also been called ā€œcheapā€ for using Endokukens or anti-airing. I told him to stop jumpingā€¦ he said ā€œno i will keep jumping.ā€ like six or seven dpā€™s later, he left upset.

I mean, Jago is still great but the whole misconception of Jago STILL not having any bad matchups is silly.

3 Likes

:smirk:

2 Likes

Somewhat related, happened just tonight - me as Shinsako, opponent as Hisako, he keeps doing teleport>medium On Ryo Zan> no Ender>Repeat, Iā€™m lacking focus and trying to force myself to stop pressing buttons but he manages to take the first win anyway, then suddenly, loudly over mic:-

ā€œIF YOU THOUGHT SHIN HISAKO WAS BETTER THAN HISAKO, Iā€™VE GOT AN ANSWER FOR YOU, F***ING NO!ā€

Next match, wise to his shenanigans, I take the win:-

ā€œIā€™LL KEELL YEEEEW!ā€

3rd match starts " Disconnected - Opponent has left the lobby" :joy:

3 Likes

I must be lucky cause Iā€™ve never had anyone complain about my characters : p

Jago, definitely has bad MUs. I agree with you there.

1 Like

Can you all be specific? you say bad MUs but what are they in your opinion? List the bad match ups.

2 Likes

Basically, anyone who can take advantage of Jagoā€™s mobility. Jago had it easy moving in with windkick and with the reach of his overhead, with a faster startup. You play more footsies, but Jago is no longer 5-5 or 5-4.5 like he was the last patch. He may very well be 4-6 or at worst 3-7 against Fulgore, Kilgore, Eyedol, Glacius and a few others. Unlike before, he isnā€™t fairly even against the cast. Even if it is just by one match, it still qualifies as a bad matchup to me.

Not saying he is bad, just saying he has to work his matches better than before. Iā€™m just getting pretty irritated at people still believing he doesnā€™t have any bad matchups because they just say, ā€œitā€™s Jago.ā€

1 Like

Well is it really so bad that Jago now has bad MUs?

Everyone has bad MUs I consider Fulgore v Sadira a bad MU since the only anti-air that works against her is a DP which takes quite some time to execute especially when you have Sadira over your head and jumping on you. So I have to use different tactics to deal with her.

Cinder Vs Glacius is a bad MU for Cinder because his main tool, Trailblazer gets stuffed by Glaciusā€™ hail and puddle punches. So I have to do something different other than trailblaze everywhere.

Anyone who can deal with Riptorā€™s pressure and push it back on her is a bad MUs or have the ability to keep her from closing in. So in this case if I manage to get in close, I need to make sure I STAY close.

Every character in KI has a bad MU, It just means you have to find a way to turn the weaknesses on your opponent. Donā€™t forget that Jago also is a well-rounded/balanced character if one tool doesnā€™t work you can mix in your other tools to get in on the opponent.

1 Like

Nope. Just saying there is to clear up the delusions that he has none.