Evo 2016 numbers

What’s interesting is that when a new game comes out, it typically has high tournament numbers at first and slowly dwindles down as the game ages. With KI, it’s been exactly the opposite. Every year has seen measurable growth in the community as features and characters are added. Windows 10 cross play has surely helped as well. I’m excited for KI at EVO this year

3 Likes

People have been saying KI is dead since November of 2013. It gets more hilarious as the years pass.

6 Likes

Good luck

Mkx has sold like 10 million and doesn’t have as much entries as sf5, but people still play it. So sales wont mean more players, and we dont know how much ki has sold overall.

Whats funny about SF4 and 5. While they have tons of entrants, only a small percentage are like pro level players. its usually the same names you see in the top 32 and 16 (from the tournaments i’ve seen).

that implies lots of casuals go to evo for SF. I wonder why…I assume, for KI, most people in tournaments are all Killer rank.

I remember for starcraft 2, the pro leagues, all the players are from Grand Masters, or Masters. MAYBE, 1 or 2 diamond players may somehow enter but i dont think so.

Strange.

Regards,

Sanjay

1 Like

KI numbres keep going up. The game have a lot of potential and yes a lot of hate to the game too from a lot of fans of other brands/games. But if we keep supporting it . it will be here growing to be as relevant in numbers as anyy other good figthig game out there. Becasue is good , is different , is competitive and fun.