Evo 2016 numbers

Still last but I’m proud we have consistent growth in the community. Up by 143 players this year to a total of 540 and right on the heels of Tekken 7 at 543.

Really looking forward to this years finals.

10 Likes

EVO is always so intense and exciting for KI.

I will be keeping time clear so I can watch it in its entirety!

2 Likes

It’s going to be great to see some international talent in the tournament. They always bring interesting characters and tech.

4 Likes

This is very good growth for us ~36%.

Every year, we’ve seen more and more people get involved with the competitive scene and majors have proved that.

I’ll be one of those participants.

6 Likes

Domi running the Cinder bomb loop was a really high-energy moment last year!

It’s nice to see international players both interested and excelling at a US-made fighter, not just SF or Tekken.

5 Likes

w00t! I’ll be there competing as well :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Good luck everyone.

I hope to see more of you getting some screen time (or is it stream time?) at Evo.

5 Likes

And to think last year people were saying KI is dead and wont make a return to EVO in 2016 due to low tournament entries…phhphhhhhh!

You guys remember all those threads?

4 Likes

nice to know we’re still growing. It’s a little sad to know we have 7 milion players vs 1.4 milion players of SFV and still we trail on EVO numbers.

But I have the feeling that next KIWC will propel the game even higher!

LET’S FREAKING GO KI!

2 Likes

The Wynn Buffet is where it’s at guys. It’s a little pricey but the food is amazing I highly recommend checking it out. Also if you’re old enough to drink and gamble Pai Gow is an easy to play table game where your money lasts a long time. Essentially you get a 2 card hand and a 5 card hand, you have to win both, as does the dealer for anything to happen. Basically you end up pushing a lot so your money lasts a while. I played like 6 hours once on 100$. It’s also my opinion that drink service is a bit more frequent at the tables over slot machines.

2 Likes

Games tonight?

The 7 million could mean anything.

1 Like

Maybe. I’ve got friends coming over for the weekend so I’ve got a lot of errands to run and cleaning to do. I might be able to hop on later in the evening though.

Ki doesnt have 7 million players instead 6 million have played it.

That number got updated to 7 million recently by official sources.

1 Like

Ki still has not sold 7 million nor does have that many players.

I’m not commenting on the makeup of the figure quoted by Microsoft, only saying that the 6 million figure is now out of date and that you were wrong to mention it.

That’s how many times it has been downloaded. Remember, the initial download is free. So…¯\_ (ツ) _/¯

Thats not what they said. Playing the game can be done thru many ways not just buying it.

1 Like

Whatever, but you know what i mean.