Eagle in KI?

If Eagle makes it in the game, his playstyle could possibly be similar to that of Alex (SFV) because it has been revealed in the novella he was an amatuer wrestler. If so he may be a cross-grappler/zoner maybe use some of Thunder’s and Fulgore’s unused tech. May play like Necali or Nightwolf or Raiden.

2 Likes

If eagle then I’d hope a winged god of war/ zoner type

Could you imagine if eagle could wear pieces of a fulgore unit as accessories?! That would be sick.

2 Likes

Most likely the next character but I wonder if he is going to be a character like ferra tor where tor uses ferra as backup maybe he can use a bird?

I’m against the idea of Eagle as a character because I always associated Eagle with Fulgore however we do have both Hisako and Shin Hisako so I suppose anything is possible at this point.

I honestly see him as being more or less a remix of Fulgore and Thunder. Grappler with some of Fulgore’s non-energy attacks… not a 1/1 animation rip, but at least close enough to see where Fulgore got his moves from.
And if they don’t use an eagle-shaped projectile in reference to Thunder’s KI1 phoenix, I would honestly have to say they missed an excellent fan service opportunity.

2 Likes

Pheonix… Pheeeonix!! Ah yummy Nostalgia

1 Like

Is anyone thinking eagle might be the magic archer? Or because of the novella, eagle might be cybernetically enhanced? If glacius took eagle, he might make his own version of fulgore, resulting in a rushdown glacius aka kelvin?

Tough to say what they’d do with Eagle, but if he retains his lore from the novella, and I see no reason why he wouldn’t, then he could very well end up being a grappler or at least having grappler elements.

I’m still really hoping for a character that can do grounded autos, like he takes the opponent to the ground, and various similar looking strikes while he has them on the ground could be the auto, and other throws could be used as linkers.

Curious what kind of wrestler they were referring to in the novella. Once I saw that the dossiers were taken from the novella, I stopped reading both until I could unlock all of the dossiers, so I’m not sure if they mentioned whether he’s more of a pro-wrestler type or an Olympic-wrestler type. Either way, I think some really fun stuff could be done with a moveset like that.

As for Eagle being character 3, I’ll be curious to see what IG does. They’ve said that the next character will be entirely new, but does that include animations as well? I don’t personally care about recycled animations that much, but I think the answer to that question would go a long way in determining how much of a hybrid of Fulgore/Thunder Eagle would wind up being.

Part of me thinks that if Eagle is the 3rd character, that there won’t be a 4th season. That’s not even remotely rational on my part, but I’d have to think that if there’s any sort of “requested” characters left, like Eagle, Joanna Dark, etc, that they’d be 4th season attractions. But if they go ahead and release him in May or whenever character 3 arrives… I dunno.

Side note, I REALLY hope he gets Thunder’s phoenix projectile!

1 Like

[quote=“Iago407, post:9, topic:19983”]
I’m still really hoping for a character that can do grounded autos, like he takes the opponent to the ground, and various similar looking strikes while he has them on the ground could be the auto, and other throws could be used as linkers.
[/quote]Like some kind of Zangief looking suplex combos as you cartwheel them across the screen with a combo. XD

But since eagles mind is in fulgore wouldn’t his moves be more like fulgores? I mean fulgore has 0 grappling and if they’re just going to ignore all of the combat skill eagle had as a human then why bother using his brain for a combat robot? Even the comic showed him with the little blades on his wrists.

1 Like

That’s a good point, fulgore isn’t a grappler despite having eagle’s combat data. Maybe they didn’t give fulgore all of eagle’s skills?

I think this is more of a holdover frim classic KI where Fulgore was not programmed to think like Eagle and his moveset simply reflected his story rivalry with Jago at that time. If they gave him 100% all new moves to support the new Fulgore is programmed based on Eagle story too many old fans would complain that such an old fan favorite was changed too much. Every other returning character has MOST of their old moves just remixed in some cases to support a new gameplan.

I like to think storywise that Fulgore has Fulgore’s own “moves” but is programmed with Eagle’s tactical abilities to strategize and instinctively adapt on the fly which a normal AI is incapable of.

I wonder why jago and fulgore have a similar DP, it’s probably just due to their rivalry in classic KI.