Dragon Ball FighterZ

I was thinking it wasn’t but I didn’t want to put my foot in me mouth.

[quote=“STORM179, post:138, topic:21146”]
Heck, put in Launch and make her a zoner with bullet spam :joy:
[/quote] yes also…Oolong ftw

Let’s not and say we did :slight_smile:

In all seriousness though, I hope they largely stay away from joke characters. No Puar, no Hercule, no Turtle. As much crap as he gets, even poor Yamcha is one of the strongest people on the planet. DB characters aside (who were much more “normal” than in Z or Super), I’d like to see characters who are at least as strong as he was when he fought the Saibaman.

Personally I wouldn’t mind seeing Oolong constantly transforming in the game…like when he turned into the Dragon Quest knight…

1 Like

I need Hercule and Turtle. I NEED IT! :laughing:

Without him, they wouldn’t be able to defeat Kid Buu. :stuck_out_tongue:

He’s deserved his spot :persevere:

The only reason he was able to help w/ Kid Buu is because he’s a narcissistic charlatan who stole Gohan’s credit for defeating Cell, and became a gazillionaire off it to boot.

The only thing I’ll give him points for is Videl - his daughter is actually a cool character.

1 Like

Still better character development than Vegeta :joy:

But yeah, Videl would be awesome.

Yeah, she’s a really cool character. It’s a bit of a shame they never decided to do anything more with her than “Gohan’s wife, Pan’s mother.” :pensive:

They should add Jaco, every game needs its Dan.

2 Likes

No No No that’s yamcha he’s Dbz’s Dan Jaco it too good for that role.

Well I didn’t mean for the series as a whole, I’m just saying that for this game Jaco would be an interesting new character to explore as the “joke” character since Yamcha is just sad these days, its not even fun making fun of him anymore.

And like that you lost me :joy::joy:

1 Like

Honestly what COULD they do with her? At this point, she’s WAYYY out of her league compared to everyone else (even roshi is stonger than her). The best she can do at this point is probably beat up some common mooks.

She was beating up common mooks when she was in high school, before she even learned to fly. She’s married to like the third strongest person on the planet (second by end of DBZ, before SS blue shenanigans), and at her introduction had an almost Vegeta-like obsession with getting stronger. They could have powered her up if they’d felt like it - even if she never reached Saiyan levels of power she could have been up there with some of the other human Z fighters. Instead, nah, she’s just Pan’s mom.

1 Like

Well, at least personality wise she’s the best female character in the series.

1 Like

That’s pretty much what happens to all the female fighters in Dragon ball. Chi-chi was a fighter, marries Goku, turns into stay at home mom. 18 was a fighter, marries Krillin, turns into stay at home mom (up until this last super arc at least), Videl was a fighter, marries Gohan, turns into stay at home mom. The only female to get married and still retain her plot relevance is Bulma but she’s not a fighter. Now that i think about it the trend probably branches out into other anime, might be a Japanese cultural thing.

You mean likeable? Cause chichi and bulma have more personality and characterization than videl.

Videl gets some really good development in Super if you ask me.

That seems to be a super thing. Every side character gets a episode or two for some much needed character development. It’s pretty cool

Which is why it annoys me when some people don’t like super so much that they choose not to watch it because blue saiyan hair is so out there when before that there was green, yellow and red.

To be fair wasn’t it because her main drive was to live up to her father’s name (whom she thought killed cell at time). Now that she knows the truth and Spopovich handing her a** on a silver platter, I can see why she mellowed out. Believe me I like Videl too and wish she was more involved, but if this was the reason why she’s the way she is in Super, I can (bitterly) understand.