Dragon Ball FighterZ

Now DB Super definitely has better music in my opinion than the original DBZ Japanese track, but which of these honestly gets you more hype?

Vegeta v Magetta - Final Flash (Original Track):

Vegeta v Magetta - Final Flash (Faulconer Vegeta Theme):

It’s fine if you disagree (tastes differ after all), but the Faulconer version just gives me goosebumps. I think great music can elevate scenes, and I think his work did that for a lot of DBZ to be honest. A lot of the epicness that people remember from DBZ was due in large part to the soundtrack.

2 Likes

And last one I promise.

SS2 Gohan vs Cell Jr’s (Japanese Track):

SS2 Gohan vs Cell Jr’s (English Track):

I’m just saying :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fixed.

6 Likes

Same we agree to disagree. But thinking realistically, Bruce isn’t coming back in DB related works let alone for DB Fighters. Especially since Funimation wants to be true to the Japanese version since DBZ Kai.

I think they should allow us to choose. Hell, I’d pay for Faulconer’s tracks if I had to.

I’ve done it for Tekken.

I think Funi doesn’t even have the rights to his music anymore due a fallout between him and his co-artists

Back on talking about gameplay, Did they say anything yet about whether or not you can choose between 1v1, 2v2 and 3v3?

Always 3v3 from everything that I’ve seen, though who knows what kind of permutations single and story mode progressions will have.

@JetstreamDan Yeah, I figured that was the adaptation you were talking about. Fate/Stay was really atrocious. Ufotable’s Unlimited Blade Works was definitely much, much better. If nothing else, the insane production values that drip from every fight on that one elevate it far beyond Fate/Stay.

In other news though, what are people hoping for on the character front? I’m expecting something like twenty characters, give or take, and am generally hoping they would go the DLC route to expand the cast than multiple game versions like Arcsys currently does. Cast I’m hoping for/expecting are:

1. Goku
  2. Teen Gohan
  3. Vegeta
  4. Frieza
  5. Cell (Perfect)
  6. Majin Buu (fat)
  7. Piccolo
  8. Tien
  9. Krillin
  10. Android 18
  11. Android 17
  12. Future Trunks (good way to add a sword wielder)
  13. Broly (perfect way to add a brawler to the mix)
  14. Gotenks (cool character design w/ a very interesting suite of attacks)
  15. Frieza Henchman - Zarbon (think he’d be a good way to have a character who relies on an install super or mechanic)
  16. Ginyu Force - Captain Ginyu (has the potential to have a very unique playsystyle)
  17. Hit (he could have some really, really cool abilities and a unique style)
  18. Califa (solid character design, and a pretty badass female Saiyan from the look of it)
  19. Beerus (again, sick character design with the potential for interesting gameplay)
  20. Android 19/20 (I think the energy drain mechanic would be interesting)

If the roster blows up to 25, then I think we add Yamcha, Janemba, Black, maybe Kid Buu, and perhaps Pikkon or another character from Super. I think Janemba is probably the most likely from this bunch, as he has a very unique design, and his tools (sword, sick teleportation effects) lend the most flash/diversity to the fighting roster. So yeah, this is pretty much my wishlist for the game. :slight_smile:

Well that’s unfortunate. Mainly because I’m primarily a 1v1 person. Part of the reason why I couldn’t really get into MvC3 was the forced 3v3 (things often get too hectic for my tastes along with me already not being very good at team based gameplay). Still gonna try it regardless but still more options would be nice.

As far as characters go, all I want is Gogeta (as is own character) and I’m happy. And if Super characters are involved (which is a good chance they will dlc or not) I would want Caulifla (cool design I’m interested to play as the first female super saiyan in canon) and Hit (do I even need point out why he’s awesome).

Mr. Popo

3 Likes

No he’ll be too OP lol

2 Likes

I really wanna see piccolo. And for him to be as cool as he is in Hyper DBZ

YOOOOO

Looks like they’ll use Z!Trunks rather than Super!Trunks, but anyways, get hype, folks!

1 Like

They said they’d be seeking characters from all three iterations of DragonBall. I’m legit curious about who’d they pull from the OG DragonBall series.

Three iterations? OG Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z would be obvious, but what is the third? GT or Super?

idk if GT is canon but I do know that Super definitely is… and golden Freiza

Well, luckily ufotable is also making movie adaptations for the Heaven’s Feel route, and the first movie releases in October. I think most fans that have read the Fate/stay night VN would say Heaven’s Feel is the best route, with Unlimited Blade Works coming in a close 2nd.

I just hope Future Trunks has a Super costume. I really like that design.

Future Trunks was a no-brainer - he’s one of the most popular characters in the series in his original incarnation. There’s a reason he came back for Super. He’s also got some potentially cool gameplay options, such as being an m-effin sword wielder.

The Frankenstein looking old-school Android? Drum or Bass (rip Krillin)? Evil King Piccolo? Jackie Chun!? So long as we don’t care about relative power levels, there are probably some cool directions they could take DB characters. Heck, put in Launch and make her a zoner with bullet spam :joy:

Yeah, the super costume was solid. The hair color change thing threw me off, but no complaints about his actual outfit.

GT is not canon just to let you know