Dragon Ball FighterZ

I’m going to guess some characters, just for fun.

Since the screen select divides them into two groups, villains and Good guys, I’m going to do the same. Since Buu was but no longer is a villain, I’m going to put there ex-villains, or characters that are somewhat… Darker

Heroes:

Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Future Trunks
Piccolo
Krillin(Bad on point character, good assist)
Tien Shinhan
Gotrunks

Villains:

Frieza
Cell
Majin Buu
Kid Buu
Beerus
Zamasu
Broly
Hit

I feel these characters are pretty much guaranteed. Kid Buu is my big bet, since it’s the only “version character” among the ones I put

Other likely candidates are:
Mr Satan: Joke character, maybe with an extremelly good assist(like a heal or something like that)
Yamcha
Whis
Nappa
Oob
Raditz
Nappa
Ginyu forces(at least Ginyu, Recoome second). Ginyu could have some interesting mechanics in his body switch, like switching bodies but not health bars, maybe being able to auto injury himself, which makes some of his attacks unavaibles for a while, playing then auto injuring himself, switching body, and making his opponent uncomfortable for not using their character
Black Goku(I wouldn’t love it, but Goku with a different moveset could be cool to watch)

I just want Bardock. Please.

1 Like

You mean basically Goku with Frieza’s army uniform?

Bardock has his own unique moveset in every game he’s in. And I find him one of the most fun characters to play in said games.

He also doesn’t have to go Super Saiyan like Goku, though he can.

1 Like

The universe doesn’t have many girls to use, so I think they should pull Zangya from the Bojack movie, and if she’s in, maybe Bojack can be in as another big body fighter.

I see more likely the chance to have Black Goku than Bardock, when speaking about someone similar to Goku(at least in appearance)

What you say about his moveset is true

I’m looking at this game as an old DBZ fan, not a past videogames user. I believe the last I played was Budokai for PS2.

If Bardock(or anyone) had a cool moveset in the previous games, it’s cool, but considering the amount of detail ArcSys is putting on each character, with each move resembling ther comic/Anime counterpart, I don’t see a character like Bardock, with almost no appearances among the show, as a golden mine to develop.

Anyway, it’s cool if he makes it, I’m 100% sure Piccolo will make it, and between him, Vegeta and Frieza/Cell, I’m more than happy

Piccolo is guaranteed pretty much.

But I think either Bardock or Black is coming as well and I don’t know which.

I think Black is more likely. I feel like the movies are probably going to be the 3rd preferred source for characters, with the order being roughly Z>Super>Movies(>Dragonball maybe?). A super iconic movie character like Broly is a bit more likely I think than Bardock (who to be fair is generally pretty known and well-regarded) just because Broly is actually unique from a visual standpoint, whereas there are at least 4 different Goku lookalikes running around the DB universe.

I’d personally rather see Black, just because I feel like his power level better matches what we’ve seen so far from the roster, and because it’d be nice to start seeing some characters who aren’t always running around in super saiyan form (but could still be potent fighters). I also happen to think his base form looks pretty friggen cool.

2 Likes

I feel like Bardock isn’t a “movie character” like Broly or Bojack. He’s in the very first part of the DBZ series and is also canon to the overall mythos (even though he doesn’t accomplish much).

Where his sole claim to fame is staring into Frieza’s impending ball of death and thinking fondly of his son :smirk:

I respect the character, but he really accomplished nothing whatsoever in the actual show.

1 Like

That’s a character I don’t ant in the game lmao I usually like grapplers.

I think dragon may take preference over some movies.

You know what would be SUPER BADASS?

If two fusionable characters are in a team, and only if the third member is dead, using all the meter (max level) those characters use the fusion

Zamasu & Black Goku

Goku + Vegeta= Vegetto

Those characters would be super powerful, but they renounce to a lot(assists, character switch, multiple supers…)

2 Likes

Probably in general, but not as it relates to Broly. I would literally put money down that he’s going to be in the game.

Hate to break it to you, but you’re almost certain to be disappointed on this one :-p

1 Like

Why?

no dragonball characters?

Would you design Krillin to be as good/viable as Goku?

Everybody would complain if Mr Satan/Krillin are stronger than, let’s say, Goku or Vegeta

The easiest way to put them IMO is making them worse, but giving them a super good assist.

This would force players to choose.
1 good char with 2 good assists
2 good chars with 1 good assists
3 good chars with regular assists

I REALLY think you have a much better opinion of DBZ then what it’s warranted. I do not see how super is worse than dbz lol

You mean pre Raditz?

No, no exclusive chars from there. None would be a match for most of the characters

elaborate. please elaborate. i’d love to see general tao and master roshi in the mix. Tien shinhan is also a dragonball character btw.