Dragon Ball FighterZ

Trunks has been pretty much the same in every game I’ve ever played with him in it. So yeah it would’ve been nice to see some new stuff but…I guess we can still look forward to Hercule😀

1 Like

1 Like

New stuff like what tho?

unless they dive into Dragon Ball Super territory, there’s not really a whole lot you can pull from him that we haven’t seen b4 in other games

2 Likes

Piccolo or STFU

My dream teams:
Piccolo, Vegeta, C-16

Frieza, Broly, Cell

I just hope there are no “versions” of the same character(No young Trunks, no adult Gohan…)

The beta is going to have 9 chars, I’m 100% one of them is C-18, one of the few strong female characters the series have

2 Likes

Even though I am not a huge fan of different versions of a character, I would really like Future Gohan to be in the game. Having a one-armed fighter would be pretty cool.

This game looks amazing

Cool trailer (and I’m completely satisfied by what they showed). I’m excited to find out who the next two characters are. I’m guessing Piccolo and one of the androids.

But I’m secretly pulling for Zarbon or Captain Ginyu :triumph::thumbsup:

1 Like

You just got me curious about how Ginyu would work if they added him to the game! My guess would be Piccolo and Android 18 though.

I’m hoping for Ginyu (and Broly) most. I think he could be a fun character to work with. He can definitely be a combination of joke and a sort of summoner character. I’m hoping he’s like Ultron in MvCI in that he can summon the rest of the Ginyu Force like Ultron summons drones for specials.

1 Like

So what do you think are the odds we’ll have a token dragon ball rep in blazblue X, lol

I expect the next 2 characters to either be piccolo and hercule or piccolo and tien.

I hope piccolo is a pseudo grappler with dhalism limbs for command grabs. I can see him stretching his arm to do a necalli style command grab into the wall bounce for combos. It would be interesting if he could use his hellzone grenade in neutral setting up traps in mid air that he can send flying to the enemy via button press. Maybe zone to trap his enemy in order to land the command grab. A trap grappler basically.

I would also like to see hercule be a grappler as well inspired by classic wrestling moves and zangief. His moves don’t need to be too silly and he definitely doesn’t need to be unviable on purpose. The joke is seeing hercule rko a rushing goku then pick up the combo into a stone cold stunner for the kill.

DONT make hercule have random capsule projectiles that have different effects because lol joke character

Simple solution is just don’t have Hercule, but whatever ¯\ _(ツ) _/¯

I think you could do a simple life-swap or move-steal mechanic and it could be viable (if not exactly canon), but to be honest I’d actually like them to get a little crazy and go the full monty with him. Let him just straight up swap characters as his Level 3 super, and then force the opponent to deal with it. The super would have to be balanced pretty particularly to ensure that it’s not too powerful (as a swap mechanic can be VERY strong if it’s too easy to land), but I think it could be done. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My bet is that the 2 unannounced characters that are coming in the Beta are Piccolo and a “bad guy”. My bet for the bad guy is either Captain Ginyu or Beerus.

What’s your bet for the bad guy?

You could make it like Frieza’s Rising Blast. Only able to activate while on the ground, and requiring the opponent to be above you.

80% of the cast will come from extreme butoden, thats my guess, since arkys developed that game too and dbzf has similar animations.So broly and beerus are confirmed. Ginyu will surely be in cuz of his iconic exhange move

Well, I don’t know if you can quite do it like Frieza’s desperation super. You have incentive to pressure Frieza on knockdown, even sometimes when he’s stocked. If Ginyu could swap characters on knockdown, then I don’t think you’d ever want to be on top of him after a knockdown if there was a meaningful life difference. It’d be stronger as a “bullet in the chamber” than as an actual move or mechanic. I’d like to see it be an actual part of the character’s toolset, where the Ginyu player has incentive to legit decide “how much damage do I want to do to you?” versus “how much damage am I willing to soak to land this move?” I think that’d be a super sick thing to have to play around, on both sides of the equation. :smile:

I’m literally 100% sure that Broly will be in the game. Whether or not Beerus makes it in is probably more just a question if Super as whole makes it in, but I think it’s pretty likely. I think the show is pretty crappy, but there’s no question it has some very unique and interesting character designs, many of which would translate quite well to a FG.

2 Likes

In case nobody saw this, here’s an interview. One question is regarding a traditional grab character, and they confirm there is one, but do not specify who. I think it’s Broly since he seems like a good choice based on his popularity and him being a good choice to diversify the roster (big body grappler). A shame they only say they have one grappler. Would have been cool to see Kale or Android 16 with grapple movesets.

Another thing worth noting is that there are no plans for multiple assists. I hope this doesn’t kill any team comp variety. As an extension to this, they elaborate on a statement from a previous interview about some characters being “weaker” than others. It seems some characters will be strong assists to make up for being weak when tagged in. I’m a bit worried that having one assist per character may ■■■■■ over the support characters, but I’ll have to wait and see. It would be great if the weaker characters could be able to hold their own against the big guys.

1 Like

I don’t think Broly will be the grappler. I think he will have a command grab, (like Cell already does), but he’ll be a rushdown monster. The point of Broly is much the same as Buu (fat). You see this big dude, and think to yourself, there’s no way this guy can move fast. Then, surprise, you’re suddenly being blasted through a building after taking a knee to the gut.

I’d like to see Nappa, Yakon, Piccolo, or even Hit as the grappler.

I definitely see Piccolo as mid range fighter, even zoner.

Broly fits me as grappler, so does 16

I could see 18 as grappler too, she always had good skills against fireballs (endless ki, barrier), so a hard to zone grappler could be interesting

I can see Krillin as a weak character with good assist: Solar Flare could be used as fullscreen stun, opening a non blocking opponent for free.

Something I hope to see is a sort of “bait and punish” character. For the sake of an example, I think Nappa could play this part well. He could have very slow moves, and a bunch of armored moves. He would rely on blocking or finding gaps in pressure to allow him to counter attack. Having high damage output, but short and simple combos would make him (potentially) an easy character in terms of inputs/comboing, but require skill with reading opponents.

I could see Broly fitting in that position better than Nappa. Or even Zamasu

Actually, I don’t see Nappa that relevant to even being among the characters

1 Like