Dragon Ball FighterZ

Well, I’m not generally in favor of joke characters in games where there’s limited roster slots among a wide pool of really cool characters. I’d rather have all the spots be filled by cool and interesting characters, as opposed to having someone cool be left out so that a joke character can get a few laughs in the 3.2 instances that he’s actually played.

And then, I also just really, really hate Hercule. I was serious at CEO - I think he’s emblematic of the reasons why the latter DB arcs aren’t as strong as the earlier ones.

Meh. Not by me.

To be honest I HATED Hercule in his introduction where he was nothing more than a egotistical A-hole. However he really grew on me on the latter half of the buu saga and super where he became…well…less of an A-hole

Fair enough. I respect your opinion.

Nevertheless, I hope the devs do reconsider their stance on power levels a bit.
It’s a video game after all so that should automatically render power lvls moot. You cares if Yamcha is way weaker than Goku in canon as long as he’s made to be fun to play than it’s fine

Exactly. They joke character doesn’t have to be weak. They can have interesting aspects about their gameplay to compete with others.

Hercule giving the opponent a Gameboy that explodes is funny, but still did a decent amount of damage in Budokai 3.

4 Likes

-shrug- To each his own. I’ve stated my preferences and hope they’re the ones the devs act on, but what will be will be. Either way I’ll be playing the game.

1 Like

4 Likes

Really interesting thing here is that the heavy version of some specials seem to take a bar to perform.
(death saucer is unblockable, I love it)

Yeah, the heavy form of specials taking a bar is very interesting to me. I don’t know that I saw anything in terms of the hit reaction to justify that (say, additional bounce or juggle opportunities), but also assuming that I’m missing something. Will be very interested to hear players dive more deeply into that mechanic so that I can understand it.

I’m getting so antsy waiting for the beta.

1 Like

Man, when this Beta comes out…

It’s on.

100 Win Streak, here I come :persevere:

This is my theme song until further notice.

Faulconer music (Kreygasm)

2 Likes

“Vegeta!?”

“NOW’S YOUR CHANCE!!!”

Hype walk ensues :persevere::persevere::persevere::persevere::persevere:

1 Like

According to vesper arcade the specials that flash red and take a bar to perform are unblockable, but only hit in the air. Making them pretty much designated specials for anti-airing, since there is air blocking in the game

Well-presented tutorial of all (or nearly all) of the mechanics found in the E3 build of DBFZ.

2 Likes

I am concerned about this game. It looks great and all but I feel like it is getting overhyped. I really hope this doesn’t hurt the game.

Having played a game for the better part of 3 years that wasn’t widely beloved outside its own small community, I’m not really worried about it. I’m excited about DBFZ because I’m excited for DBFZ, not because other people are excited about it and think it will “save” FG’s.

If I play and like it, then I’ll keep playing it because I like it. Whatever happens to the hype train, for good or for ill, won’t affect me and my enjoyment of the game at all.

If I don’t like it, then it is what it is. But the only expectation I have for the game is that it will be fun and that it will involve cool characters from DBZ that I loved as a kid. ASW is a competent enough dev that I’m not too worried about it.

5 Likes

I’ve gotten even more hype for this game.

Thank you :sob:

As an aside, my friend who doesn’t play fighting games at all is really excited to play this game, and said he’d be willing to try playing competitively.

Super surprising that DBZ would have this effect with this guy, because he usually will sit down to play a fighting game and just put down the controller after 30min. I hope I’ve got another local buddy to practice fighting games with.

DBZ is love
DBZ is life

Trunks’s trailer is here!

Trunks perfectly meets my expectations.

And that’s kinda disappointing.

Still gonna main him, but I would have liked to see some new stuff.