Do you want a 4K KI or a Season 4 for XBOX ONE Project Scorpio?

I dunno, I don’t see a massive jump between 26 and 34 that would make learning matchups too hard. I mean, sure, if you’re just dipping your toe in to the water after season 4’s complete, then yeah, learning all of that from scratch would be daunting for sure, but that’s regardless of whether it’s 26 or 34 IMO.

A lot of KI players have been playing since season one or season two, and while season 3 is new to everyone, the point is that most people aren’t starting from scratch. In fact, I’d say it’s probably pretty far in the opposite direction, much more so than when a new Tekken or a new Mortal Kombat comes out and everyone has to learn all of the matchups.

Granted, that tends to put everyone on equal footing, which I’d say is probably a good thing, but in the end, the cream tends to rise to the top anyways so we get to the same place in KI as we get to in MK in terms of learning, we just take a different path due to the seasonal model.

But back to your point, I can see why you’d feel that way. If your threshold is around 26, I can respect that. I don’t go that hard on learning matchups, so it doesn’t really bother me at all when more character’s are added, though I can see why some tend to get up in arms over rebalances or more characters, etc because it’s still an adjustment and in some cases, a substantial one at that.

I’d say my ideal roster size is around 32-35, but I always like new content, so if I could choose between more of this KI or nothing, I’d obviously take more of this KI. Of course, the ideal scenario (which I 100% agree with you on) is that after this KI, MS digs deep and gives a sequel to this game the proper AAA treatment. That would be absolutely amazing.

1 Like

No AAA treatment please. I’d rather they treat KI better then some AAA game. Since all games that have been dubbed AAA were…bad.

4K Killer instinct would be sweet, very sweet indeed. I am planing to buy the scorpio and I hope that Microsoft at least delivers KI in 4K for the scorpio on launch. It will be just a patch I guess, and however had bought it before and want to update to scorpio would get the option to play it in 4K/60fps. that the minimum MS would do to incentivize the buy of a new hardware.

I’m loving what they do already with the one character a month (with extras of course), I don’t see why they should make a KI so soon just for a newer version of the console. Season 4 will be amazing :3 Maybe try another KI another time. This isn’t CoD Instinct. There is still potential for the game too, All figures for those who want to get special skins for newer characters, merchandise etc.

If they can not improve visuals for the Scorpio i will vote for developing KI2! New Engine , better visuals and cool accesories! Then it will become the nr 1 AAA fighting game!

There is a discussion about this on the Off Topic section.

Could they make it like a PC game where and instead of us selecting, based on the xbox type it choose the settings?

The PC game with the most settings i know of is Serious Sam 3…pages and pages of settings to adjust.

SO imagine KI with different res options, textures, bump maps, lighting, particle settings and depending if you have a regular XBO, XBO-Slim, XBox Scorpio, it choose what settings to use.

Of course, PC version would be the best with all the new expanded options for those with very high end machines, but you get the idea.

Also, i do want a season 4 with new stages, characters but this time add ultimates, stage ultras for some s1 stages, and expanded dojo content.

:slight_smile:

Regards,

Sanjay

Season 4 without a doubt. Graphics aren’t a big thing for me, so a bump in resolution or whatever the Scorpio is capable of graphically don’t really hit me that hard.

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrCkFKZlowo&t=0s&ab_channel=CableJFlame454 #KIseason4 #ContinueKI
I prefer Season 4 on the Xbox One. No offense to anybody who is going to support Xbox One Scorpio. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H0pIJ60hks&ab_channel=1Stop4Gamers

1 Like

I don’t have a 4k anything. It’ll be a couple years before i buy in. I’ve been content with 1080 for a decade and am almost positive there will be hardly any mainstream games that actually run at 4k (cod, bf, mk, halo,etc). Most games on xb1 run at 720 or 900p as is. It’ll be five plus years before consol has actual 4k as the norm. Just speculation from a techie wannabe.

100% season 4 over a 4k KI.

Reason: Season 4 means new matchups, new move sets, new characters, new music (stuff that matters). 4k KI means better graphics (stuff that doesn’t matter).

2 Likes

Season 4 all day… i think 1080 does just fine and the game looks great as is. plus i play on pc so a scorpio is moot for me.

Season4 not in a hurry to get a new KI game right now especially when this one is growing still

1 Like

Season 4 it is. I think we should add a bunch of guests to really expand the audience.

I only hope if they gonna support game further, requirements won`t go higher. My potato barely passes benchmark and my heart would break if they decide to swagify some graphics, leaving me in dust ;___;

1 Like

You will not get 4k gaming at 60fps for a graphic intensive game on a pc or console any time in the next few years.

When Sony or MS talk about 4k they mean video streaming, 2d games or simple graphic 3d games.

I think the graphics for KI are fine - I think adding accessories/colours and dojo training for every character would go a long way to helping KI.

Add a bunch of guests to really expand the audience ? Lol how about a big huge fat NO.

I hope it’s a S4 on XBOne but maybe with just like one more character and some QOL updates.

am I the only one with no intention of buying a scorpio? seems like a shameless cash grab to me, I already bought an X1 im not made of money microsoft

Agreed. I have not intention of getting one and haven’t paid attention to it. And to make matters worse they are releasing that Xbone S. They are so disoriented it seems.