Discuss what new future characters you can come up with

I’ve mentioned this before, but i want the sensei from KI Golds Dojo Mode to be made into a playable character. KI is a game filled with pop culture tropes, but it’s still lacking the “old martial arts master” trope character; which is kinda weird in a way, this being a fighting game and all.

He’d need a pretty thorough re-design of course, since he was just a bald old dude and lacking in any distinct visual features. But i like the idea of using a character that is technically canon to the series and would be a returning character, but that nobody would ever expect since he’s never been playable before. And that he represents a trope that is sorely missing in the game. As far as gameplay goes, i think the tradition of usually making the old martial arts masters having multiple stances and parry/reversal moves could be applied just as well here, since KI don’t really have a stance based character yet (as Riptor isn’t really all that stance heavy to me).

1 Like

I know a certain member who would love this.

1 Like

It’s furry…

So you mean like a pro wrestler?

That’s what I was kind of hoping for when Kan Ra’s retro was being introduced. I was hoping it would have been him in his human form but instead of using bandages like he does now he could use chains instead.

An elf archer…something along the lines of Legolas or the Green Arrow.

I’d kinda like to see something along the lines of Shang Tsung, Seth, or Shinnock…one that has traits from several other KI characters…

@WrathOfFulgore - eee, Shago? Omen?

I was meaning more noticably than just recycled animations…someone that can use and is known for using other characters’ signature moves like Orchid’s shadowcat, Sadira’s webs, Glacius’ puddle punch, spinal’s skeleport, Combo’s powerline, etc.

I’d say the game could use another pure grappler type like thunder. There’s plenty of hybrids but none of them fit the archetype as well as he does. Maybe a character whose instinct, instead of making it easier for them to get in, makes it a bad idea to try to be far away from them.

Yea, I`d love to see some traditional grappler, with wrestling moves and all, Zangief or King style.

I want a gorgon. She could have a command grab that turns the opponent to stone. She could also strangle you with her snake like body. Or maybe the snakes in her hair could temporarily poison you.

I had already come up with one back in October, but many of their mechanics have actually been placed in the game since I made them up.

I like this idea. Although what if we had the Hindu Naga. They were sometime portrayed with humanoid torsos and a snake body underneath. Plus I never saw the Hindu stuff get tackled yet.

so essentially this:

http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/9/e/0/gfs_40425_2_10.jpg

1 Like

A Mantis Shrimp.

Type here. Use Markdown, BBCode, or HTML to format. Drag or paste images.[quote=“WrathOfFulgore, post:24, topic:9357, full:true”]

so essentially this:

http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/9/e/0/gfs_40425_2_10.jpg
[/quote]

Close but something like this
http://roberthood.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/naga_kanya_the_snake_woman_zf52.jpg

I would like to see someone in style of Sagat, but I don`t mean a fireball ■■■■■, but someone with awesome muai thai moveset, nice range devastating kicks etc.

I think first and foremost we need a merman. I think it would be really cool if they combined the idea’s of a merman and a samurai to make a “warrior of Atlantis” style character. He would be a merman, but with coral, shells and other things forming his samurai style armor, and then fight with an ocean crafted katana.

1 Like