Destiny 2

Yeah, kind of seemed like that to me too. There’s not many new enemy types outside of the redesigned Cabal, and the amount of content and features still seems a bit thin (albeit not nearly as much as the first game) despite some cool new activities.

Though, from watching a friend play this for a considerable amount of time in the past week I can at least say the game looks like more fun content-wise and a lot less of a painful grind. It’s presented more like a Bungie game would rather than Discount Borderlands this time, and the side activities seem more involved and worthwhile with rewards.

I only care so much about cosmetics so I’m waiting to see how the game plays out in the next few months before I buy. Like all other games like it, Destiny 2 is gonna live and die by its post-launch support and expansions. And they’re going to have to prove to me they’re serious about substantial, consistent content updates this time.

Where’d you hear that? I’ve been hearing rumors of December.

EDIT: Also since you talked about the microtransaction thing, I thought bringing up this Forbes article might be of interest: LINK

Again I don’t own D2 and haven’t played it much, but as someone who didn’t bother with the original after TTK and really didn’t like the Mote of Light reward system, and has seen the new system in action too, I actually pretty much completely agree with it. Naturally earning Bright Engrams didn’t seem that hard for the rewards it gives you.

Destiny 2 isn’t that bad. For the microtransaction Bright Engrams, you can get them for free. When I used them, all I got were emotes, a ghost, or just some weapon cosmetics so it shouldn’t be too bad. Shaders are a bummer though. It’s hard to say if it being similar to Destiny 1 is bad thing though. The core of Destiny1 is good but some things bring it down. Destiny 2 is the same but without those things bringing it down.

Resurrecting an old topic to ask…anyone interested in or are currently playing the new expansion that came out today?

Me personally, i found Destiny 2 to be worthwhile enough to buy the expansion and my hopes are pretty much on par with what i wanted out of Destiny 2 for this DLC. It had better be with how freaking large this download is, anyway :slight_smile:.

I play D2 on PS4 (primary) and Xbox. :slight_smile:

Hopefully it’s downloaded by the time I go home. I’ll probably spend an hour at most today though and seriously start it during the weekend.

Without spoilers, CoO is fairly decent, and exactly what should be expected for a $20 expansion. The campaign is fairly long and the changes that have been made are great. This is a MUCH better DLC than let’s say, The Dark Below.

Next week there are more changes coming including the addition of Master Works.

I played half a day yesterday and found it to be amazingly fun.