Definitive edition Characters locked pc

They gotta fix it for sure. They should have tested it before making available. I’m sure they’re working on it, but it’s your right to be ■■■■■■ off.

That’s totally fair and I’m not disagreeing with you. The game should work with Game’s Pass, and it’s pretty bogus that it still doesn’t. MS needs to get it sorted, and sooner rather than later.

That doesn’t make your situation relevant to Jux’s question however. As much as possible, I want him to be able to make an informed purchase decision, and that means finding the pros, cons, and potential pratfalls associated with the way he’s stated he wants to experience the game.

Steam as a store platform is quite good, but I wouldn’t recommend Steam KI given what Jux has said he wants. I also obviously wouldn’t recommend the Win10 version of the game to him if it turned out character lock was endemic to the entire platform and the purchase options he’s interested in. I love this game and will shill it all day, but ultimately I want anyone who comes into it to have a good experience and feel they’ve gotten their money’s worth. If that means he can safely buy the Win10 and be assured of all his content then that’s great. But if it means we should recommend he wait to purchase, then it is what it is and that’s fine as well. Just want to make sure we’re answering the question he’s actually asking and providing the best/most informed response we can.

1 Like

@STORM179 Thank you kindly for summarizing my overall question and position so well; much appreciated! And you are correct in what I’m looking for, save that I plan on waiting for a sale before making the purchase (on either platform).

I am quite interested in the game, as a Mortal Kombat franchise veteran Killer Instinct plays very differently and I’m quite interested in it’s mechanics. I’ve been reading Infil’s guide, which was recommended to me, in the meantime and it’s an excellent read.

@Cabp15 Can you tell me where you’ve seen it very cheap right now? When I look on the Windows 10 Store, is $51.99 (Canadian). On Steam, it’s currently $43.99 (Canadian).

Thanks for your replies all!

Well, it was very cheap like 1/2 months ago. I didn’t know about that. It’s still cheap considering canadian incomes. Anyway, if you paid for game pass, you gotta receive what’s promised. Good luck.

Cool. I heard it was on sale a few weeks back, so perhaps that’s what you’re thinking of. I missed that sale/wasn’t thinking about the game at that time.

$51.99 Canadian I wouldn’t call cheap, but it’s not awful either. New console games go for around $79.99 here, and cheap titles are usually around $19.99. I’d bite around the $24.99 mark or cheaper.

I also do not have Game Pass and have no intention of getting that subscription service.

Thanks!

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/killerinstinctdefinitiveedition/history/

Your best bet is to track the pricing on the windows store and then get notified

2 Likes

I downloaded the game almost 3-2 weeks ago (game pass benefit not purchased) and have the season 3 characters locked like some people who replied before than me to this thread.

Hoping and waiting for an update with a fix for this bug on pc version soon! thank you

It’s probably never happening unless you want to buy the game at this point

I come back from gamescom, open the xbox app thinking “hey they might have fixed it in the meantime” and what do I find? The game is no longer installed (or at least it doesn’t show up) and it’s not available anymore in the store (through the search bar).

Soooo, any news from the devs while I was gone? I guess it was that big of an issue that they’ll have everyone redownloading it. But if there is no official statement it means we now have a service with false advertisement and that’s not good :confused:

1 Like

Guys you could at least be more solicited, everyone here wants to play and support the game. Even raising the #BringbacKI Hashtag but this whole situation really isn’t helping.
Both here and on Twitter have no feedback.
I really understand the guys who are upset, I even tweeted Maximilliam Dood to try to get more attention.
Anyone who can reply or add more information is helpful.

Not the prettiest of options and it’s questionable ethically, but I purchased the Definitive Edition and refunded it. I was still able to keep all the characters as DLC since it had downloaded correctly and am using it with Ultimate Game Pass on PC.

It would suck if they patched this out but it’s a workaround for other people interested in the game like I was.

1 Like

That seems pointless. They’ve been inundated with twitter posts and posts here. Its not like anyone has asked for more information or somehow this is like some ‘unknown’ issue.

I’ve messaged xbox pc game pass and they tell me basically “we have no idea, submit feedback via the xbox app”. I’ve already submitted giant logs worth of feedback via the app. If they wanted more information other than “I got Jago and that’s it and I’ve reinstalled the game 3 times now” what more information do they want. Because I’m not going to submit more event viewer, and app logs into the void.

Since it works for console users, I dont’ think max would really care. As far as most people are concerned the game works fine. Why would he care that a tiny subset of users paying a subscription arent getting it.

I mean if after a month they can’t figure it out, one must assume that the game is fundamentally broken and can’t be fixed. You can’t even download the game anymore via the xbox pc app. They likely removed it from the xbox pc game pass because they’ve basically just given up on fixing it, ever.

It looks like the removed the game entirely from the xbox pc game pass meaning even this ‘fix’ no longer works since functionally the game no longer exists as part of the pc game pass

Sort the final kick in the nuts for us PC Game Pass owners I guess

I’m really looking forward to when the Gear5 launch totally gets screwed up

My intention to make this tweet was just to help, but as you said they already took the game from the store.

Hi everyone. Just wanted to make sure you knew that all the right teams are aware of this.
Also people in this thread are correct, this does not affect Xbox.

I will update this thread once official info is available.

6 Likes

Very good to hear, I’m crazy that the game comes the right way for PC Game Pass.
Salutes from Brazil.
#Bringkiback

Just got game pass ultimate and I have the same issue: All of Season 1 and 2 characters are unlocked but the whole bottom row except for the free fighter are not usable and it prompts me to buy them when looking at them individually in the store. This game is the main reason why I subbed to game pass ultimate in the first place. I guess I’ll just use what’s available until this issue is resolved.

We’re working to understand the issues with KI on Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta). We do know that there are no workarounds at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience, and will follow up with more details. In the meantime, please remember that KI continues to work with Xbox Game Pass for Console.

Hi everyone. For everyone here missing KI DLC with PC Game Pass, we have made some adjustments and initial reports are looking good. Please give it a try now and let me know if you see all your characters, VIP XP Boost (icons on the char portraits), *retro costumes and *gold skins (*for characters that have them).

To test this make sure you signed into the Win 10 Store & Xbox Companion app with the account that owns PC or Ultimate Game Pass. Launch from either.

If you already deleted KI and want to try here is how to get it again:
• install KI from win 10 store

If this does not work for you, please send me a message directly with a screen shot of any issues and confirm this was on Win 10 and what Game Pass subscription you have.

Thanks again for hanging in there while we work through this!

-James

3 Likes