Dark Souls remastered is here!

Dark Souls 1 remastered was just announced about an hour ago for the Nintendo Switch! Coming May 25 - 2018! Also releasing on PS4, XBOX X, and Steam!

Get ready to return to Lordran! As details surface…lets discuss here!

Enhanced frame rates, graphics, and multiplayer. Also includes Artorias of the Abyss DLC!

5 Likes

pYW7qef

3 Likes

Here are the specifications per console, ect…

The original Dark Souls is coming to PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One as Dark Souls: Remastered, From Software and Bandai Namco announced today.

Dark Souls: Remastered is also coming to Nintendo Switch, Bandai Namco announced earlier today as part of a Nintendo Direct presentation.

The Dark Souls remaster, coming to all platforms on May 25, will include the downloadable add-on Artorias of the Abyss and feature improved resolution and other visual enhancements. Bandai Namco and developer From Software are also increasing the multiplayer count to a maximum of six players.

Bandai Namco also promises enhanced visuals on the PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X systems. Here’s a breakdown of resolution and framerate options for Dark Souls Remastered:

Xbox One (1080p, 60 fps)
PlayStation 4 (1080p, 60 fps)
Xbox One X (Upscaled 4K, 60 fps)
PlayStation 4 Pro (Upscaled 4K, 60 fps)
PC (Native 4K, all textures 2K unconverted, 60 fps)
Nintendo Switch (TV mode: 1080p, 30 fps; Handheld mode: 720p 30 fps)

Dark Souls was first released for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in 2011 to widespread acclaim. The game was later ported to Windows PC in 2012 as Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition. The most recent entry in the Dark Souls franchise, Dark Souls 3, came to consoles and PC in early 2016.

@TempusChaoti are you ready?

1 Like

Yep. Double-dipping on Switch and X1.

PORTABLE SOULS

My free time is gone. GONE.

5 Likes

I’ve never really played Dark Souls…aside from the first up till the first boss. I may use this as an excuse to check it out.

I hope its truly redone and not just an enhanced version of the original format. Does that make sense? Like a truly rebuilt game instead of the original touched up a bit.

Seems like its coming out quite quickly and that worries me.

This is great news, I enjoyed Dark Souls a lot but hated the framerate issues on the 360 version (and I never had a computer good enough to run the PC version). Also, now I can play the Artorias DLC since I wasn’t able to buy it before (I don’t have a payment method to buy 360 stuff on an Xbox One, nor do I have a Xbox 360 to just buy it there).

Now I’m more hopeful that maybe a Demon’s Souls re-release on PS4 will happen sometime later; as I was never able to finish the game on PS3 I will buy a PS4 if that happens.

So a halo anniversary type deal where they took all the old graphics and details and remade them entirely, while also improving the game and fixing bugs and glitches because that would be amazing tbh.

1 Like

I bought the Dark Souls 1 Xbox 360 disc and it works via backwards compatibility and has the DLC included. I didnt have to buy or Down load anything. But Ive seen some people say they did the same thing and did not have the DLC.

Not sure how it works…but I have it.

I’m pretty sure you can buy 360 dlc and content on the Xbox store website then download it from your Xbox. That’s what I did for dragon age origins anyway and it worked for me.

1 Like

In my case I got Dark Souls 1 via a Day One copy of Dark Souls 3 (which includes a digital copy of Dark Souls 1). To my knowledge it doesn’t seem to include the Artorias DLC but I do have the PC version as well, it’s just that my good computer died so I never got to the DLC in that version.

Really? I remember trying to buy Dead Space 1 on the Xbox store website and it still said I needed a payment method to get it. I guess I can check again when I have money to spend on games.

I just read an article on Facebook that said this remaster is in fact a rebuilt game from the ground up with the Dark Souls 3 engine. it is NOT a re-polished port of the old code.

Well thats good news!.. if its true.

Well now I’m curious if Miyazaki himself is working on the remaster (or is at least acting as an advisor like Dark Souls 2). I also hope using the Dark 3 engine means no bad physics-based anomalies, like how the tutorial boss could tank the framerate just by knocking down a pillar in the old versions.

I also wonder how faithful the lighting system will be to the original, as Dark 1 had this very ethereal feeling because of the way they used shading and motion blur and I wouldn’t want to lose that (for example, I don’t know how faithful SotFS’s graphics was to Dark Souls 2’s as I never played the original, that’s why I’m curious about this).

1 Like

Like Metroid: Zero Mission was to the original Metroid, I assume?

If I own DS1 on Steam, do I need to repurchase the Remastered version?

Yes, but I did just read its true remake in the Dark Souls 3 engine so if true thats a good thing.
Zero mission is the metroid I have on 3DS Estore. its in black and white. Im stuck though…I cant figure out where to go LOL

Yes… its a totally new game. Its not a port or a patch. totally brand new.

There is also a Trilogy box set coming out with books and picture, book ends and all kinds of cool stuff.

I beat DS1 once few months ago and considered replay, I will have perfect opportunity :smiley:

Dark Souls Remastered will be a Dark Souls of Dark Souls series.

2 Likes

No, Zero Mission was on the Game Boy Advance, it came out using the same engine as Metroid Fusion (aka Metroid 4) The only black & white Metroid was Metroid 2: Return of Samus, and yeah, it was definitely a Nintendo Power type of game (as in designed to get you lost/confused unless you had a guide to help). Coincidentally, it actually just got a remake this past year in the same fashion as Metroid: Samus Returns, and it’s pretty good itself.

REALLY excited for this! I missed my window for enjoying it when it released due to me playing Dark Souls III and Bloodborne first. I did try to play it afterwards but I just couldn’t get into it due to mechanic changes.

Most importantly… IT’S ON THE GO!

1 Like