Dark Souls III, should I get it?

Dont let the graphics fool you… DS1 is amazing and DS3 is the same game with better graphics and its not quite as fun as DS1 IMO
But if you have trouble dont be afraid to study up on a guide or something… that will keep you hooked into the game when you get discouraged. A lot of DS purists dont like the thought of that…but hey, if you are gonna give up why not just use a bit of help to keep you engaged?

1 Like

I’ll bet to keep that in mind.

One thing that is funny about this game; it is so hard that it makes you wanna quit but it doesn’t push so hard that you want to keep coming back.

Also; I ■■■■■■■ HATE THOSE DAMN CROW CREATURES. ■■■■ THEM!

DarkSouls III is awesome but it is even better when played with a freind

You are already at the road of sacrifices? When it comes time to decide Farron keep to Abyss Watcher or Cathedral of the Deep. Id go to Cathedral of the Deep first. You can go either way.

But save all the lightening resin you can for Abyss watchers fight. Dont use Lightening paper until your reach them…trust me. Its there weakness and you can only buy what the merchant has,after that its gone until later in the game.

DO you have your Fire gem on your Axe yet? The birds dont like the fire…nor do any of the zombies or creatures. the fire axe should get you though all those enemies fairly easy.

Did you get the Ice sword from the gaurdian just before Road of sacrifices?

DS games are not really HARD. They have their own way of being played, which is a very patient style taking advantage of the predictability of the AI. It takes time to learn how this works, but once you get it, it will serve you well throughout the trilogy. For instance, silver/black knights at the beginning are mega hard to kill, but once you understand their moveset you can backstab them in seconds. These games are more about you levelling up as a player rather than your character levelling up.

Agreed! The beginning is the hardest part of the game. Really all it is is block and attack, block and attack. Level up Weapon and Shield. Block and attack.

Now the fun part is finding everything… thats where it can be difficult.

I wouldn’t level shield unless you had a lot of spare souls and materials, though. Usually better to just find a better shield eventually.

The silver Kite shield and spider shield are worth leveling up and taking all the way to the end. There really are no better shields. They are all the same with 100 damage absorption and then they differ between fire, magic, and lighting. You level up to get better stability.

The shield is definitely worth leveling up but only after the weapon 1st and armor last.

In DS1 you want to level up your Balder shield to 15 as quick as possible… I have Silver kite, Spider, Balder and Blood shield all leveled up to 14…plus the Crest shield to +5 ( High as twinkling will go)… I swap them out as needed per the area or enemies. Works wonders

If you go with a heavy build the best shield is the shield of Artorias (probably the best shield in the game) but it takes time to get it. You can get the spider shield really fast and it is really good.

1 Like

I went with the True great sword of Artorias instead of the shield. (In DS1) I felt that the Balder shield at 15 and the Blood shield at 14 are good enough so far along with the Spider and Kite at 14 as well.

I like the True sword of Artorias but it swings really slow and heavy.

1 Like

In my latest DS1 run (no spells/miracles, no armour) I went with the black knight shield as it’s a great overall shield. It doesn’t really matter as long as you finish the game :slight_smile:

Actually with my freind we fought the Abyss Watchers. What was funny was fangasming half the time, lol. A bit miffed that the sword you can get from them doesn’t have that exactly however it’s a great one to have.

Also yeah I did. After I discoverd I have range I sat outside the doors and kept hitting him with the fire till he died.

I just finished an area in the cathedral with another freind who was on his 4TH playthrough.

having fun so far. Though I need to be a better summon. Lol

Awesome! Good job!

Im just about at the end of DS1… Im trying to find another Eye of Death so I can get a new miracle for the Grave lord covenant. Damn tomb of the giants was really tough!

I played a bit of DS2 earlier today… wow it looks and plays amazing compared to DS1… I cant wait to get into that game as well!

I tried to find the Dark Souls novel at Book a million today but it doesn’t come out until October. There is a DS2 novel available on line too.

@FeverAyeAye How do you invade in DS1? I cant seem to figure out how to invade unless you are a part of certain covenants which I am not. I cant be summoned as a forest hunter because I accidentally struck one and I got kicked out LOL.
Im in the Gravelords right now. I just want to play some PVP before I beat the game and move on to DS2

You can go back to the bell tower in Undead Parish and atone for your sins. That way you can return to the forest hunter covenant.

Anyway, look here - http://darksouls.wikidot.com/pvp - lots of ways to PVP

I finally got it all figured out! Had a blast last night and today doing PVP invasions, boss fights, and tracking down gravelord invasions. I ended up finishing the Gravelord covenant lvl 1 and then switched to Darkmoon and been using the blue orb and the Darkmoon ring

Got a ton of souls beating bosses for people and a group of 3 of us just running around ANor Londor waiting for invaders to gang up on! lol

Very cool! I could never betray my spidery queen, though :frowning:

Ive been tempted to kill her for the Fire keeper soul… It would put e at +5 flask strength.

i joined every covenant so far and leveled up 2 of them to +10. Wasted like 7 Dragon scales and then switched not knowing it reset your offerings. I didnt know!!!

I would love to have the Quelag lvl 3 CHaos storm…but 30 humanity is a lot to give!!! Maybe now that Im getting more into PVP I can pull it off.

I only need 2 more Souvenir of reprisal for Darkmoon.

You can farm humanities from the Depths bonfire. A good cycle through the rats with the item discovery ring can net you 4-5 humanities and maybe even more per cycle.

Ahhh thats a good idea! I usually hit up the rats every time I pass through the undead burg tower and the one in the sewer.

I always avoid the depths so I dont take the chance of Curse…but now Im so much stronger it shouldn’t be an issue. Ill try that tonight and see if I can eventually switch over once I get the Darkmoon sword.

So I fought this guy in PVP yesterday in the Painted World and he was using this spell that would 1` shot kill me everytime. What spell is that? It looked like the Big at logan spell but it had a darker tint to it.

Yeah, take a right from the bonfire exit, down the longer stairs (not the vertical stairs), etc. If you do it right you’ll face a dozen maybe more rats and not a single basilisk, so no risk of curse.

The spell, could it be Dark Orb? http://darksouls.wikidot.com/dark-orb

Most likely that’s it and I know where Im heading when I get home! Straight to the DLC!!! lol

The spell he mainly used had the 5 orbs that float around him and then they shoot out and kill you. I thought thats what he was using to one shot me but the description you linked said " Equivalent to Heavy Soul arrow" …which it didnt look like a soul arrow.

Whatever it is I want one and honestly it was too powerful. When we fought without it it was a good fight and very close…I had him basically dead and then he pulls that out and 1 shots me.